• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage music for wrenching on the cars

jgerock

Someone here made fun of my "boom box" hanging on the wall when I was removing the 4 speed during the Winter of 2009.

pics112010033.jpg

I recently dug out my old Pioneer receiver and JBL speakers and it sounds much better while I am turning the wrenches and washing the cars. The stereo was left to me by my grandparents and I purchased the speakers back in college.

IMG_5333.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

Show us your garage ear candy.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

LOL, I have the same Pioneer SX-3500 receiver! I've been holding onto it for years and finally just threw it up on ebay a few days ago. I love those "vintage" receivers. They're built like tanks and look great. I just don't have the room right now to turn it into a cool retro setup.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

LOL, I have the same Pioneer SX-3500 receiver! I've been holding onto it for years and finally just threw it up on ebay a few days ago. I love those "vintage" receivers. They're built like tanks and look great. I just don't have the room right now to turn it into a cool retro setup.

That is weird! My parents have the same exact receiver (they bought this one as a gift to my Mom's parents). Both of them were purchased from the nearby Circuit City (RIP). I bought the speakers at a "Wall-to-Wall Sound & Video" store in Potomac Mills - the store is long gone.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Aaahh the last of the Silver Faced Pioneers!! Before the "Black Death" came in and took over the market. Sweet, i have vintage SX-980 and love it, pushing some HPM 100's, Killer sound!! Like the man said they are built like a Tank,

Enjoy!!

Frank

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

I use this setup, Logitech Z2300. It's really compact, sounds good, and can really blast if necessary. Lots of Pink Floyd, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Dandy Warhols, Dire Straits, and a huge mix of Bluegrass/Reggae/Hiphop/Indie/Psychobilly/Electronica. Or if I need to just work hard and fast I'll throw on some Drum and Bass/Dubstep/Euro Techno

Z2300.jpg

I've been raised with a Pioneer SX-780 and my dad has had a SX-1980 for a long time, both amazing stereos!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

No pics, but I have my old Onkyo revceiver (not old enough to not be all black - I bought it in 1991 or so), a pair of old Cerwin-Vega speakers, a Sony 300 disc cd changer with a temperamental knob. It all is sitting on top of the fridge.

Sonos ZP100 and little ERA D3's hung in the corners and a speaker selector mounted beside the light switch to select the garage, the Sonance rock speakers in the yard, or both.

All controlled by my iPhone of course. ;)

Rhapsody

Pandora

iTunes

IHeart radio... All wireless to the ZP100 at CD quality bit rate.

50X2 A/B amplifier in side the ZP 100 (silver box). It also has a sub out and auxiliary input for a turntable or iPod, etc..

80dbcadc.jpg

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

no pics but I've got a late 70's vintage Yamaha reciever, and a pair of 80's vintage Boston Acoustic speakers, with about the same era black face JVC CD player.

It gets worse, there is a Vizio 24" flat screen, Sony DVD / VHS player all wired to Comcast. I was watching Speed TV coverage of the Rolex 24 while changing the intake manifold in preperation for the new Webber 38/38

1975 BMW 2002

1960 MGA 1600

Time exists to keep everything from happening at once, space exists to keep everything from happening to me.

My home system is considered vintage as I still have vinyl and a cassette deck. The most recent add-on was a CD player. Mostly Kenwood Basic line. Picked it up in Japan in 1985. Ohm Walsh 2 speakers- they still offer their 'armed forces discount' (was 50% off!).

For my garage, I am running a Philps cheap system. Wood screwed the speakers to the rafters (one above the bike rollers). It's due for replacement as the CD player died, but I NEED a cassette deck out there. Too much classic music in that medium to change- about 150 albums on tape.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes