• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Vintage registration is now open...

John_in_VA

Crap! I already have a trip scheduled that weekend. I would love to attend this event. I attend a vintage Porsche show every year with one of my 911s. This would be the first event for me in my new to me '72 tii.

I see where you have to be present to pick up the T-shirt, poster, etc in person and that they won't ship it. Damn! I really like the design of this year's logo.

Hmmmm.....anyone willing to pick up the goodies for me and drop them in the mail? How about $20 for your troubles?

1972 2002tii #2761642

1969 Mercedes 280SL Pagoda

Crap! Hmmmm.....anyone willing to pick up the goodies for me and drop them in the mail? How about $20 for your troubles?

The Festmeister Scott Sturdy normally has items available in his ebay store before the event and some overruns if any left, or you could just ditch the other event and come up to Winston-Salem and party like its 1972 all over again!

-=Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Crap! I already have a trip scheduled that weekend. I would love to attend this event. I attend a vintage Porsche show every year with one of my 911s. This would be the first event for me in my new to me '72 tii.

I see where you have to be present to pick up the T-shirt, poster, etc in person and that they won't ship it. Damn! I really like the design of this year's logo.

Hmmmm.....anyone willing to pick up the goodies for me and drop them in the mail? How about $20 for your troubles?

Last year the posters shipped before the event and the T-shirts shipped after.

Mid-Am-Fest is also great, and closer.

Half the fun is getting to the Vintage.

Don

Tail of the Dragon

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

Wife freed up the weekend and planned for us to roll up to the vintage (our first time)! Sweet! what a birthday present! Here's where I hijack a bit and informally poll the 02 masses. Should I bring my '76. It needs a little TLC before it can go, but I can't really do all the things I would like. Will I regret leaving it behind, or will I regret it more if it worries me the whole trip there? I think I just need an encouraging word...

'76 2002 anthrazitgrau 'Eli' the Chancellor

'87 325i delphin 'Chandler'

along the way, but it's not a beauty contest. I felt out of sorts with my E28 last year when I saw the massive field of '02s! Looking fwd to the new setup downtown this time.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Don,

I fully agree half the fun is getting there! The annual road trip to Porsches 2 Oxford is always full of "surprises." We could convoy up to The Vintage. Problem is, I don't think the wife would take too kindly to me canceling our first solo vacation together in 10 years! And before anyone asks....no way would she see The Vintage as vacation! LOL

Really wish I could make it. I love vintage car rallys and get-togethers. I can't wait to start going to the BMW events.

P.S. Love your '73 Inka. I dropped the tii off today at Bimmerwerks in Harahan. Had some sputtering and bogging issues. Checked the pressure readings and they were a bit low. I don't want to mess with the K-Fish.

1972 2002tii #2761642

1969 Mercedes 280SL Pagoda

I can't wait and my 76 won't be close to ready. But I will bring the low mileage E12 again and hang out with Dave Roach and Molly and the other 02ers from SW VA and upper NC. Getting there is fun for me, even though it is only 45 miles. Luckily, it is 45 miles of gorgeous mountain twisties! See you there.

Greg J

'76 project "Helga"

'70 and '69 parts cars/practice cadavers

'80 E12 528i "Bob"

'99 M Coupe "Max"

'06 Triumph T100 "Lucy"

Ben, I did not see you on the registration list, David Roach was the only name I saw there.

I just registered. Of course, it doesn't show up under the list because my registration is "pending". Same as previous years. No biggie.

Looking forward to hanging out in the streets of W-S with a cold one (water, soda or beer).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"