• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 2002 for sale in San Antonio, TX **SOLD**

yert315

CAR IS SOLD!

I bought this car in New York in March from a guy who raced 2002's and used this as his weekend "fun car". It had an overheating issue, so I threw a new radiator in it and it cured the problem. I've been daily driving it ever since then and have taken it on road trips as long as 3 1/2 hours each way with no issues. I shipped it down to San Antonio, TX in August. It's a fun little car all around. I'll explain it in further detail below.

It is a 1970 BMW 2002 with the following:

Engine/Drivetrain:

- rebuilt engine. No documents. I'm going off the PO's word and what I see when I pop the valve cover (clean/new rocker arms)

- shift tower bushings replaced in August

- NEW e21 radiator - March

- NEW e21 320i alternator - July

- 5-speed transmission

- LSD differential (unsure of the gearing)

- ansa exhaust - with a bosal center resonator and stock manifolds up front

- lowered slightly on unknown springs and Koni shocks

- Weber 32/36 electric choke carburetor. Just cleaned and put a minor rebuild kit on it.

- "HotSpark" Electronic ignition - new in July

Interior:

- e21 RECARO sport seats - couple small holes on the back side, but overall good condition

- Momo steering wheel with BMW horn button

- Alpine CDA-9884

- Fire extinguisher mounted on passenger side for when you're feeling frisky

- Blaupunkt Speakers

- no seat belts in REAR. though there are provisions to mount some

- headliner is tearing in places and a bit stained

- crack-free dash from a later model 2002

Exterior:

- the car was originally Colorado orange, but has been completely repainted at some point to white (interior panels, trunk, engine bay, etc.). There are a few spots of orange coming through in the engine bay and trunk.

- no front bumper

- I have the door trim, but will need clips in order to mount

- There are some rust spots on her. Lower front right fender near the door has a rust spot. On the roof around the sunroof there are a few spots. And some areas around the front end where rocks chipped through the paint. Nothing too terrible, and should be an easy fix when prepping for paint.

- grills are there, but not the prettiest. Center section could use a refurb/replace

What it needs:

- horn ring (I unplugged it because it would honk when turning)

- paint job

- hood (current one is rusty and was stripped of the inner supports/latch system) I've never had a problem with it, but it will probably be something to take care of. (Latch system included with car)

- front bumper, if you care to go back to stock form

- could use a brake job. The brakes work fine, but they pull to one side and I believe the rotors are warped a bit.

- It's developed an occasional "click" when turning. I can't confirm where it is coming from, but it sounds similar to an axle going bad. Could be a cracked boot.

Extras:

- 3 steel wheels with winter tires mounted. Slight surface rust on the face, but nothing terrible. Holds air.

- small box of misc, extra parts. (Thermostat, hoses, etc).

I'm looking to get out of it because I just can't handle a 40 year old car as a daily driver anymore.

$3,000

E-mail with any questions you may have.

Slideshow of Pictures:

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/yert315/1970%20BMW%202002/?albumview=slideshow

Walk Around Videos:

[/b]