• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Dallas snow drive to work this morning

nbristow01

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

some of our southern bretheren and sisteren...

We've had snow on the ground pretty much continuously since early December--quite unusual for SW OH. '02 withdrawal symptoms started early for us this winter.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Keep the shiny side up driving in that stuff...

Seems everywhere is getting their fair share of snow this season...I've got 7 ft piles of snow at the end of my driveway from all of this white sh@t that's been falling from the sky here in MA. Going to be a long time before I get to drive my Tii again....

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

You are brave.

We had an ice storm last night in Houston. Entire car was covered in about 1/8" of ice. Luckily - I am off today.

They said 100 cars wrecked on one road in 4 hours.

Ice storms suck.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Guest Anonymous

Amazing to see all that snow in places where you normally wouldn't. A LSD would be a big help in that stuff. Be safe out there. Definitely global warming at play (ya right).

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Amazing to see all that snow in places where you normally wouldn't. A LSD would be a big help in that stuff. Be safe out there. Definitely global warming at play (ya right).

www.alpinabmw2002.com

I was just discussing the same thing; my friends in Houston, TX have the day off because of the ice and we're just going to get rain in DC this weekend. Strange weather at play, indeed.

SOT: Incidentally, sever winter weather is indeed a side effect of global warming according to NASA, NOAA and Scientific American.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

yeah it is all a bit odd. When I was a kid it NEVER snowed in Dallas, now over the past 5 years or so we have gotten several big nows every year. Last year we had a 14 inch snow. I guess I may have to buckle down and buy snow tires for the 02 for next year. I have also been looking at old 4x4 trucks. Saw one today, a 50's era Dodge Powerwagon. May end up going that route for next year and leave the 02 parked in the warm garage

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Good thing that you have a domed stadium for the superbowl!

Wait till they have the event in our Meadowlands Stadium! That should be fun!!

-mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

Instead of wasting money on a dedicared "snow mobile", I'd buy dedicated winter tires on steelies. Best investment if you ever drive in the winter.

I drove the white'76 02 in the picture for two winters without snows in Great Falls, Montana. I never had a problem getting around (Michelin XAS), but I recommend all four snow tires. - Raine

post-17424-13667637378514_thumb.jpg

I believe in having two sets of rims and two sets of tires, both mounted. I have used Blizzak tires in the winter and have had good luck w/them. In this region we had gotten used to having very wimpy winters for a number of years, but now we have snow on the ground for months on end. When I was a kid, we lived in Alexandria, LA for 5 yrs. We got one dusting of snow in the 5 yrs. there. I suppose they get much more in a 5 yr. span these days.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz