• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need a matching grill for my 1972 Tii...can anyone help???

Samplemaven

It just happens that I am not even close to installing any trim. This photo shows how the trim ring is installed first (the trim compresses a little to fit inside mounting ring with the tabs). It may take a little patience to get it to fit correctly--the little lips on the rings keep them from sliding off once tightened). The little notch on the trim ring (shown in your photo) indicates the top. Also note there is also an orientation of the trim between left and right. Good luck--Jim

Thanks for the picture! I see the widest part of the spacer ring covers the gap toward the center of the car - correct?

I believe Kris here told me that these rings are only used with the Euro headlight buckets and "wide" grills.

My car still has the USA buckets, came with "wide" grills and I'm trying to fit H4 lamps with the narrow grills.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

If Jim has a driver side shallow grill, I sure would like to get it from him.

Jim,

I have a shallow passenger side orphan grill in excellent shape. I've been holding on to it hoping to find the mate but have I have the euro buckets now so I really dont need it. LMK if you're interested.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

If Jim has a driver side shallow grill, I sure would like to get it from him.

Jim,

I have a shallow passenger side orphan grill in excellent shape. I've been holding on to it hoping to find the mate but have I have the euro buckets now so I really dont need it. LMK if you're interested.

Thanks for the response, but what I need is a shallow DRIVER'S side grill with a 7.25" opening for the headlight.

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

Jim C: I was away from home most of today. Will take pics first thing tomorrow and post here if I have a D.S. grill for you.

Armond: E-mail sent

Thanks...I appreciate it.

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

Jim C -

I looked at your original picture of the passenger side. Since (I THINK) you have the European buckets that space the headlight further away from the nose than the USA bucket, the Deep style grill may fit better than a "narrow" type grill.

See BLUNTs car for what I am talking about

3aeda696.jpg

Another example of European buckets and deep grills on this Touring

bc14157e.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"