• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB -- Rear bumper rubber trim strip

Dicks

I'm looking for a decent rear bumper rubber trim strip to fit a 72/73 2002. I'm looking for one that doesn't have all of the mounting lugs broken off inside of the strip .

Or, does anyone have any good ideas on how to fix up / repair an old one?

Email is fine.

Thanks

Dick Smith

Houston Area

832-205-2512

kk500@comcast.net

BMWCCA #545

1972 BMW 2002 Colorado "Traumcycle"

2000 BMW 323Ci

I believe the rubber strip is the same for all Roundies that have the long side bumper extensions, but the sliding attachment fasteners (that fit inside the rubber strip groove) will have either clips or studs to fasten the trim strip to the bumper.

These pieces are usually rusted enough that you need to replace ALL the mounting hardware when messing with the trim strip (happened to me).

My 73 uses the stud type fasteners that have washers and nuts inside the bumper. If you look at the Euro rear bumper conversion on Keith Kreeger's tii website, his bumper used the clip type fasteners.

Bumpers with small rectangular slots use the clip fasteners

Bumpers with holes use the stud fasteners

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I think the rubber strip on my Touring had a combination.

Threaded studs at the ends and an odd few along the length, the rest were clips.

However, it was over 20 years ago when I refurbished the Touring, and I have trouble remembering what I did last week now!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17