• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling the 2002

Frenchee

So its finally decided...

I've been taking the light rail to school and it also drops off right down the street from work. I can handle not having a car for a while.

Ive had this car for a long time and its my first car. So many of my close friends have spent sweating hours helping me get it to where it is.

My first plan was to sell it how it is but I'm now changing my mind.

The reason I'm selling my car is because I want to get my m20 turbo done. With the extra money it should be a motivator and a possible goal to finish.

On my current DD im selling I have

IE 22mm sways

Tii Struts and coil overs with bbk

momo steering wheel and hub

recaro Se seats rear and back

Eibach springs in the rear with bilstein sports all around.

I need all this stuff in my turbo car so I was thinking that I'm better off putting my car back to stock and selling it for less because in the long run it will cost more to actually buy back all that stuff.

Am i right that if I put it back to stock components I will get less money for it but in the long run it would be the most cost effective considering I will need the parts Im selling it with?

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

You'll definitely save money in the long run keeping those parts from your '70 and selling it with stock components. It would cost you a few thousand to replace all that stuff and it's very unlikely you'll be able to get a few thousand more for your car with those parts on it.

return it to bone stock if you can. that way you won't be giving away all your collected goodies.

exhibit A: look at the pseudo race car that sold recently on the CAR forum for $2K with a boatload of expensive items attached to it.

plus, stock cars are getting few and far between. you will likely spend an inordinate time returning this car to stock so you must be realistic in your timeframe for selling it...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

sell the '02 and get your turbo'd M20 '02 going :)

If you really need a DD, buy something cheap like an E30, or even cheaper a volvo 240 wagon(excellent truck substitution in terms of storage space)

Sell the M20 and keep your 02.

Frenchmess,

Look we are here to help you with sound advise I would keep the white as is

and part out the blue one.

Your white car is dialed....save some money and upgrade it as you go.

Jb

But if you do sell it take it back to stock or the most that you can.

post-2371-13667637784242_thumb.jpg

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

The problem with my white car is that the body is terrible. I don't want to keep putting money into it when I know where all the dents and bondo is.

Im going to try to buy a Tii this weekend. Most likely won't happen but if it does i will sell both the cars and stance the tii wit some cool wheels.

Anyways, if that doesn't happen I'm either selling the white one and finishing the m20 or selling both and buying a good running e30.

Thanks for the advice guys.

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

Sounds like a better plan. When are you checking out the tii? Send me info on it.

Does it still have a tii motor? I'd still keep all those goodies from your white car, and then sell both as a package deal.

Keep us posted on that tii!

We'll have to get some bay area folks together soon!

This guy I lifeguarded with this summer told me his dad was going to donate a Tii when he saw my car.

So I told him to show me it.

It was pretty clean with rota rbs. The interior was all messed up because his dad was trying to replace it.

I told him to ask his dad if I could buy it. He always flaked and never did.

So im goign to show up to his hosue this weekend and personally ask his dad. hopefully the car is still there...

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD