• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

turn signals out

VintageAutobahn

I searched and didnt come up with an answer to my specific issue/symtoms. The other day my turn signals stopped working. The hazard lights are also not opperating correctly, but brake lights and running lights are working. I checked the fuse first, then bulbs (highly unlikely that all would go at once but ya never know) then I got out a test light and I have power to both sides of the fuse block and no power at the signals. I am thinking this it is the flasher relay but was hoping you guys and gals could give me other suggestions of things to check or confirm my conclusion. TIA

www.VintageAutobahn.com - BMW Parts & Vehicle Import

How much do you want for one Armond? I would like to get them going again before the rain hits next week if possible, possibly pick up tomorrow?

25 bucks? send me an e-mail. I'll be around this weekend.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Basically, yes. I don't have any experience with that kind of switch and whether it can be cleaned/refurbished. However, almost every kind of switch that I have ever encountered on an older BMW can be disassembled and cleaned. Sometimes, the switch contact surfaces need to be cleaned up with a bit of emery cloth or a fine file.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

Do yourself a favor and buy a NEW hazard switch. They are less than $40 new and it will be the last one you will every buy for your car. Early and late hazard switches are different.

Save shipping and buy it from your local bmw dealer.

I buy almost all parts used, but for this part, there just isn't any value in buying used.

No offense to anyone selling them. I've sold them used as well.

Mark

the pull up one with the itty bitty bulb inside. They rarely do. If you have that kind of hazard switch I'd try substituting another turn signal flasher (under the dash near the hood release handle) and see if that cures the problem.

If you're adventurous, pull the cover off your flasher box and see if either set of points are either stuck closed or not functioning. If you can get the relay points working, I'll bet your turn signals and 4 ways will work again.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite