• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nose question

PSloan

A long time ago I saw a template that outlined where to cut the nose skin to convert a late nose to early and vice versa. First, does it work? And secondarily - does anyone have the template?

I've got a boner for all aluminum grills. Wouldn't mind having a set on my 76.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

You just have to replace the area around the kidney. This is the only difference.

post-635-13667637877001_thumb.jpg

The BMW 2002 tii VIN 2719550 was manufactured on July 3rd, 1973 and delivered the same day to the BMW dealer Zeiss & Schwärzel in Mannheim. The original colour was Golf, paint code 070.

Hey Pat,

Think it was a common thing over in Germany when they ran out of "early" (or late?) nose panels a good few years back.

I honestly do not know if the tabs for mounting the grills to were in the same location (late v early) but you could cut the section out and include the two inner tabs each side, per the pics, and at least have then in the right place.

post-635-13667637882159_thumb.jpeg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

You just have to replace the area around the kidney. This is the only difference.

actually, the tabs and supports for the side grilles are different, too.

You have to come up with some way to retain the early grille, and remove

the material that held the plastic grilles, as it gets in the way of the metal

ones.

BTDT.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL