• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nick Heidfeld to fill in for Robert Kubica in F1

02fanatic

Nick Heidfeld will apparently fill in for Robert during his healing process. Sorry, I thought this was posted as a follow-up to the other thread...not a new thread. Anyway, there you have it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I believe he is still being evaluated and does not have a formal contract in place yet. Lotus/Renault basically bet everything they had this year on Kubica, so they need a driver of similar talent to replace him. Although Nick performed on par with Robert in 07, I believe Robert has since surpassed Nick so I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Nick will get the drive. I think in something like 172 start, "Quick Nick" is still winless. Not a very encouraging statistic to have for your number 1 driver =(

Yeah, but Kubica didn't too so well in the Sauber-BMW either. I truly believe the car has to be as good as the driver or it just won't come together. Renault seems to be tweeking out more power and I had high hopes for Kubica in 2011.

Nick is better than most of the younger less experienced drivers. I think he will get the ride....Renault would be foolish to put an inexperienced dirver in Robert's seat IMO. Heck, Petrov is a good driver...he might surprise a few this season. I just want Kubica back asap....I really enjoy watching him drive.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

Yeah, but Kubica didn't too so well in the Sauber-BMW either. I truly believe the car has to be as good as the driver or it just won't come together. Renault seems to be tweeking out more power and I had high hopes for Kubica in 2011.

Nick is better than most of the younger less experienced drivers. I think he will get the ride....Renault would be foolish to put an inexperienced dirver in Robert's seat IMO. Heck, Petrov is a good driver...he might surprise a few this season. I just want Kubica back asap....I really enjoy watching him drive.

Agree about Kubica. He has grown and grown each season.

Nick is official now. I would have gone Liuzzi, which was Kubica's recommendation apparently. Hopefully Nick can make good now that he is the team leader.

Yeah, Nick is official but where are they gonna race in the season opener?.....Bahrain is not hosting the season opener apparently:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2011/2/11768.html

Looks like the season opener may be the 2nd race of the season! :-(

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"