• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going into lurk mode

nbristow01

Well I have met a lot of great folks here. It just seems that it has become a bit disenheartening to post questions etc any longer. You have some helpful, generous talented people on here but they have become so overshadowed with these unregistered weird peolpe that for some reason have picked a 2002 BMW forum to harrass people. I work very hard and have limited time for my enjoyment of the forum. And to have that limited time diluted by these guys has made it just not worth it any more.

I will be reading posts, trying to hone my search skills better but will no longer be posting unless its in Parts Wanted or Parts for Sale

See you guys in Mid America in April sporting my 15x7 Steelies!! complete with small hubcaps and rings

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Sorry to see this happen. I think the strength of this board lies with the everyday enthusiasts such as yourself. We are each able to contribute something, whether it be a great question that others are afraid to ask (for reasons you have stated), to provide a helpful piece of advice or perhaps a link to an exciting new product related to the hobby. I can't say that I blame you, but hope to see you back on board when you feel the time is right. Best regards!

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

At times I have felt this way....I then said why should I let a few ruin it for me and others...I now just ignore them...I have met too many good people in this board...and funny, when I talk to them in person, they all say similar things...some people are too uptight and take things WAY too seriously....you are not in the minority here on this point. So stay and be one of those that makes a difference...if everyone lurked what kind of place would this be?

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

That's why I hate the caned "use the search" reply.

Jiminy Christmas! If you know the answer just type it. What else do we have to do?

John

Agreed...and what about new solutions that come up? If we just used the search, we'd only see OLD responses...sometimes even with 35+ year old cars, a new solution to an old problem surfaces.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

You are not allowed to lurk. You have too much useable info and 02 knowledge to simply "lurk". Let the others you describe "lurk". You helped me immensely a few years back with information.

Please rethink and continue posting.

1976 2002 (Grey Ghost)

2002 X5 3.0i Newly Added

2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5i

1976 Malaga 2002 (totaled by city bus)

1985 535i (totaled. Hit from behind)

1981 320i (trade-in. AC issues)

LIFE IS SHORT, TIME TO DRIVE.

Nick: you are an asset to the FAQ with your strong enthusiasm, questions, solutions, your sense of humor, etc. Less than 2% of the FAQ users are obnoxious -- it would be a waste and a shame to lose your wit and insights. We can't have the toxic minority ruling the FAQ site. Please stay active - contributing along with the majority who are great FAQ'ers. Anyhow, I look forward to seeing you in Eureka Springs in April...

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Agree Jim, only about 2% are obnoxious - we can't control that, only the way we react to them - I simply ignore them, never add more fire to the fire.

A recent example of what 98% of what this board does well:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,353788/

this was just today, and it is a question that has been asked 1000 times! a nice response was obtained quickly.

FAQ Member # 91

don't leave! I'm probably the newest newbie here and I don't know jack. I need the knowledge here to help get me going. The other car forum I frequent has similar "problems", but the strength of the community over-powers all. Show me what the 02 community is made of!!

Well I have met a lot of great folks here. It just seems that it has become a bit disenheartening to post questions etc any longer. You have some helpful, generous talented people on here but they have become so overshadowed with these unregistered weird peolpe that for some reason have picked a 2002 BMW forum to harrass people. I work very hard and have limited time for my enjoyment of the forum. And to have that limited time diluted by these guys has made it just not worth it any more.

I will be reading posts, trying to hone my search skills better but will no longer be posting unless its in Parts Wanted or Parts for Sale

See you guys in Mid America in April sporting my 15x7 Steelies!! complete with small hubcaps and rings

I sometimes feel as you, and have contemplated the same course of action. I am a member of a few other boards, namely the Volvo 1800 list where I have done exactly the same as you due to the number of folks that are quite disagreeable on most issues or have all the answers and have no time for a differing opinion. This board is completely different and the majority of the folks take the offered information graciously. Plus it gives me an opportunity to become acquainted with folks and then possibly meet them during my big road trip of the year V@V!!

Earl

aka Snakedriver

74 02Lux

o2 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell