• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcing the official arrival of Pinchy!

smichaelq

• 1 month later...

Well... I can shed some light on your new tii. I owned it from 1988 to 1992 or so. it has so many memories and immense sentimental value to me. I'm thrilled someone will keep and love her. God I loved her.....I truly did.

I had named it "Riita".

Some highlights: (my responses follow each item)

Plastic grills with H4 lights and center late kidney grill (but the nose has slots for 73 bumpers!) - It's a EUROPEAN 74- NOSE! - Back when it was replaced (87?), all early nose panels were still NLA!

Snorkle tube in nose (See ABOVE)

White 13" basketweave alloys (No idea)

73 Front bumper (yes)

72 Rear bumper (no license plate lights)

I had installed a Euro conversion on it at one time, complete w. Tag lights mounted in center section and proper joint covers (now missing apparently)

No rear quarter panel lights (correct - ala Euro look)

No rear reflectors (see above)

Bolt-in fuel pickup on the gas tank (correct for this VIN)

No expansion tank in trunk (who knows?)

Replacement electric fuel pump under car (Bosch 5-series type) No idea - replaced after 1992 I guess!

Larger canister fuel filter in LF headlight area (geeez! they'll let ANY monkey work on these things! Shameful. Not mine!)

E21 Recaros (great shape) Yes - installed in 1989

Harnesses with leads to rear parcel shelf (I *DID* reinforce the parcel shelf before installing them....massive washers, as I recall?) Biggest mistake....what a PITA to drive in city traffic. Ditch 'em!

Neat window stickers (My parents did the ring in 77, 78, and 79, hence the decal, it was a gift from my dad)

Neat Oktoberfest dash plaques (been there - both)

Wood shift knob (yup)

Pioneer cassette deck with rear three-way speakers (installed in Erie PA)

"Lux" type door panels with map pockets and wood trim

(purchased while on vacation in Germany, from a German junk yard - no lie!) I plucked them from a 2002 "L" for $20 US. carried them for 3 weeks, then through the airport to get 'em home!

The steering wheel was a gift from my father. I will gladly pay you what you wish for that wheel. It has importance to me, and I've always regretted selling it with the car. At the time, I was desperate.

Drove that car from SF California to Erie PA solo in 3 days....Yes! THREE days of marathon driving at incredible speeds. She was a KILLER car in her day. Selling her was absolutely heartbreaking.

More details if you like. E mail me directly at zenwrenchpaul at yahoo dot com.

Back when I owned this car, I was (in some ways anyway) a dumb punk ass kid that didn't know much about anything wrench related.

Last time I saw her, there were footprints along the roof and a broken front windshield, in Baltimore. :(

Car was purchased from Paul Rodriguez in 88, outside of Rochester NY for way too much money. Sold it for $2500...after investing about $11K in it! *It's KILLING me just typing this!*

Please ask Sean to shoot an e mail to me. I have more stories about Riita, and dearly desire that steering wheel for very special family reasons.

zenwrenchpaul at yahoo dot com

Paul

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com