• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your hobbies?

bluebmw

I have a large an affection for old tractors

My Father in law has a real nice Farmall Model A Cultivision. Still uses it to cut grass and other odd jobs.

I love anything mechanical. Cars, Motorcycles, Airplanes.

My advise to anyone is to not buy an airplane.

DSC_0065_2.jpg

I thought I had it sold last week but the buyer turned out to be a flake.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My primary hobby is spending time with my amazing wife, Mina. Beats all other hobbies hands down. Together we enjoy staying fit by playing Capoeira de Angola, practicing Bikram yoga, hiking, and skiing, though not usually at the same time. I apparently have a car hobby, which keeps me entertained 20-40 hours per week. Due to the inconvenience/blessing of having a day job, which also requires my attention 50-60 hours per week, I have little time for anything else, including sleep, which used to be one of my favorite hobbies. Funny how priorities change.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

That's a nice K model there John. Flying is a big hobby of mine, as well as messing with anything mechanical.

post-70-13667638401655_thumb.jpg

'69 2002

'59 MGA

'67 Chevy C20

“Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.” - Mark Twain

I have a few that I am juggling

Skiing

Golf

and

Beekeeping!

-mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

[quoteCompetitive 3-event water skiing. Built a sport-specific lake in my back yard. Host 4-5 tournaments per year and travel to another 8 or 9 including the AWSA National Championships.

(nt)

1976 Polaris

I use to do a little slalom skiing back in the early 80's in NC on Lake Norman.

Do you know a guy name Butch Allen? He was pretty go back then. He probably has a couple of kids by now that ski.

"Technology has ruined the driving experience"

Racing Bicycles (Road, Mountain and Track), Brewing Beer, Flyfishing (Ocean and Freshwater), Woodworking, Surfing, Tinkering in general, and my favorite... doing stuff with my 7 year old kid!

Nice Madison sling there.

I've done a few laps around that track.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Nice Madison sling there.

I've done a few laps around that track.

Sorry to hear that, It feels more like a fire road than a velodrome these days haha. ADT is much nicer.

Kinda looks like a Madison but I was throwing my arm up in disgust after being beaten by a little girl. ;-)

74 Golf