• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moving...is unpleasant

JackF

We've been here for 18 yrs. Raised the kids here and sold the house. I can not believe how much gear and stuff I've accumulated and have had to get rid of. It is hard as hell to ge trid of stuff. Ebay and cl are okay, but require a lot of time, so it all becomes "stuff".

Yesterday I let my Synchrowave 180 Miller, 16" bandsaw, jointer, router table, big pipe shelving, snowblower and a LOT of hardware go. I have a fellow who works for me and he got all my wood. Gave him 30 8/4 x 12x8' air dried white oak, a bunch of cherry, mahogany, etc. It went to a good home.

We are moving to a 1 br shoe box (not a shoe box you can put a pair of boots in, more like slippers) until the end of July then to CA. I'll bet you a Bonanza has more room. No garage and I damned sure can't park the turbo iat the apt complex, so I guess it stays at Matt's. as winter works on you kinda miss your car.

Got an army of packers/movers here right now. To the shoebox tonight.