• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

interesting ways to hold on trim clips

ibjettin

I've seen a lot of lazy hacked up solutions but these take the cake. All these trim clips were removed from the same car.

Here we have scrap wood

wood??!

Random things found on the garage floor

more strange trim clips

Rivets

rivet in the trim clip...

Screw from the backside

another screw to hold in a trim clip

And a welded glob...

another glob shot

Trim clips are not expensive to replace...

Back when you could still regularly find 02's at the junk yards, i used to enjoy discovering various kludged-together fixes on these wonderful cars. to me, it was a sign of an engaged owner willing to take matters into his/her own hands. i look at it in a positive light. of course, not all kludged-together fixes are equal and some are probably downright dangerous, if not criminal.

silicone sealer gobbed all over a cracked windshield rubber was a fairly common one. i've used bailing wire to secure a muffler with a missing bracket... and i reluctantly used a screw to keep a rocker trim piece on (yep, i confess. it hurt to drill the rocker panel, but i did it).

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa