• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Washer Bottle Cap

uxoman

Phil,

Unless you specifically need a new one, I have two bottles and three caps. Take your pick. (Just down the hill and across the reservoir from you).

Jim

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the offer, but I am looking for a new one to match a new bottle.

Phil

I have a new one somewhere in my stash, unfortunately I am out of the Country for some time.

You might want to try Jaymic UK - they were making replica bottles (minus the VDO logo) a while back so they should have caps.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Ought02 / Bob Northrop is going to be making caps soon. I think he's testing diff materials right now.

Some bottles seem to last & clean-up nicely but the caps all seem to either yellow or break.

When I get through a backlog of other things, I will be reproducing the washer bottle caps. I have already acquired materials that should replicate the qualities of the original, including the white translucence. I'll post the results on the forum as soon as I'm able to get caught up.

I expect the price to be no more than $10. If that seems high, please consider the time and materials that go into bringing even something as small as this into production. Thanks for the plug, Scott.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

There'a some on eBay right now... seller rennmotor in Germany and he takes PayPal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160549753686

Here's the site for Roger's Tii. He might have them too...

http://www.rogerstii.com/

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

I was hoping to do our '02 community a service, as I know people are always looking for these. Given that they are likely already available from Germany and perhaps Roger, I'll have to rethink whether this is something to pursue. Thanks for the info.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I think the cap is a great idea Bob. Plenty of us need one. I'd rather pay 10 bux for a new one, domestically, than hope I win an ebay bid on a used one, from a company in Germany.

I see another german ebayer sellign a VDO cap if someone needs one imemdiately, it's a BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VDO-Ate-baseball-hat-cap-/140498399938?pt=US_Hats&hash=item20b65b72c2

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg