• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got another one....*sigh*

wegweiser

You're right Nick....it might *not* need a rebuild, but I'm afraid to even turn the crankshaft until I pull the head and look at the cylinders. Half those valve springs have been compressed for 15 years.....so I'd want to at LEAST go through the valvetrain, replace valve seals, etc. Maybe timing chain rails....you know how it goes, right?

Jonathan....yeah....I can't help myself. I want a car that looks like this tii, but with Emily's motor under the hood.

Delia saw the photos and summed it up best: "Saying you want this car is like admitting you like rough sex". I sense a personalized license plate in this car's future that reads "RUF SEX" ***LAUGHING MY ARSE OFF!***

This will be a long term project for me. And it might drive me bat-shit crazy.

Paul Wegweiser

Hahn and Woodward Auto Restoration

Change the oil.. turn it over by hand.. put a little top oil in the cylinders... unstick the kfish sludge in the pump pistons (one or two might be stuck) . Drain the old gas and give it a try. I'd bet after cleaning everything out it'll start just fine.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

That one's similar to one I found at an indpendent garage in Maine. They had a Fjord '72 tii a woman had towed onto their lot. Says she: "get it going again." No mention by her as to budget or the scope of the project. It'd been sitting around for years, so it was not going to be cheap. Worse, this shop was almost strictly working on air-cooled VW's, so who knows what happened to that one...

If you need a name for the car: Krusty, Barnacle Bill, Rusty, or Buff ("it'll buff out just fine....)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Its a beaut! There is a nice 1600 in one of those pix I think. Say hi to the tree growing thru it!

That car looked at this:

7_G.jpg

for a long time.

Matt McGinn

Sports Car Restoration

www.sports-car-restoration.com

1974 2002 turbo 4290909, resto project, looking for parts

89 M50'd e30

72 Alfa GT Veloce

84 M491 911

68 1600 channeled and flared project

70 2002 flared car project

Oh...if it only needed cutting and welding, I'd be all SET! *laughing!*

It's gonna need *everything*. Already pricing engine components for a rebuild.

When you gonna come visit us, Bill? I'd love to take ya' out to lunch at the Log Cabin Inn up the road! (GREAT burgers!)

Paul

can i come too?

Ken Inn

Guess they just keep biting your ankles so you have to drag them home.

This one looks pretty good Paul - and complete at least under the hood. I see it has the narrow front grills and a rear bumper guard.

We are waiting on the VIN.... 276????

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Hey Ken!

Y'all are welcome absolutely ANY TIME at the shop. (We're in Harmony, PA about 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh.)

VIN on this one is (*I think*, can't find my notes right now) 2762085.

The donor of this car is an old 2002 friend that lives about 6 miles from where I work and live. This is not the first time he has extended his generosity above and beyond normal realms of "kindness". He's got another tii (one he bought NEW in 72) being restored at Matt McGinn's house of 2002 perfection in CT. (Sports Car Restoration in Hartford)

The FAQ doesn't like to inform me via e mail that y'all have responded to my initial post...so if I've missed replying to all of you - that might explain it.

Original color is Fjord. It's got a cool rear overrider bar, green aux light switch near the ashtray, and stock steel tii wheels. With the flat tires, it was nearly impossible to check out the undersidfe, but I think the floors and frame rails might be in good shape. Needs shock tower repair, rockers, doors, and all kinds of mechanical lovin'.

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys! This eases my terror at embarking on yet *another* 2002 project.

Paul Wegweiser

Hahn and Woodward Auto Restoration

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Paul,

I'd heard you were in Harmony--I'm actually in Pittsburgh now (Etna/Sharpsburg), and my mom is still in Butler (my hometown). Please send me an email, and we can maybe get together sometime. It would be great to finally meet you in person.

-Dave Hoovler

DLHoovler at hotmail dot com

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Hi Dave!

Shoot me an e mail to my yahoo address, and I'll get you my contact info!

zenwrenchpaul at yahoo com gets me.

Cheers!

Paul

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com