• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power trip to LA.. For some motorcycle action!

eurotrash

IMG_4404.jpg

What do you get when you combine two brothers. One a car guy, and the other a novice bike builder who is out of patience, a free plane ticket via sky miles, and a wiring schematic for a Honda CB 750? You get two guys and 36+ man hours spent in a garage on a mission.. To re-wire a cafe'd bike being re-cafe'd and custom loomed from a butchered harness and a stock schematic.

He got me a ticket on Tuesday, I went and took the written test for an Ohio Motorcycle learners permit on Wednesday afternoon, flew out Wednesday night, and Thursday I was riding on the streets of LA collecting supplies for the work ahead, having never ridden a street bike before! (I was raised on dirt bikes..) And on Friday, we hit Laurel Canyon, etc.. So crazy. I was on my brothers CB500 cafe.

He made a smart ass video of my first few laps around the block to get assimilated..

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

Here is the CB750 when he bought it..

Screenshot2011-03-16at94716AM.png

After well over a year of collecting parts, polishing, powder coating and assembling it, he was to the point where it needed wiring. Here it is after our wiring Bonanza..

IMG_4533.jpg

The challenge was to get all the gear under the cafe tail. I reused the stock mounting system that hung under the side cover, and massaged the L out of it to get everything where we needed it. We found a battery with the needed specs that fit in our required dimensions.. Purchased on Thursday and delivered on Friday..

Under here are the stock fuse block, the starter solenoid, the signal winker, the regulator, and the battery!

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4535.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

Everything was shrink tubed and hidden as well as possible. We didn't get to permanently hiding the wires under the seat, but he can finish that.

IMG_4469.jpg

3420bd5e.jpg

65310280.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

23cc5371.jpg

edfde5e2.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

In the head light bucket (from some european scooter..) is the 60mm speedo, neutral light, the signal indicator light, the oil pressure light and the kill switch. In the center nut of the triple tree is a very discrete start button!

IMG_4514JPG.jpg

5bea64b7.jpg

IMG_4515.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg

On Sunday, we put the finishing touches on the harness and tested everything. And believe it or not, everything worked!!! The lights the ignition everything! We even got to bump the starter, which was a big big moment for my brother, he was very nervous. The only issue was that the neutral light in the headlight bucket stayed dimly lit when the bike was in gear, and we decided that this has to be a neutral switch fault, and not a wiring fault.

So mission complete!!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002