• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In 4 hours I will again be a 2002 owner - HELL YEAH!

wegweiser

A long time 2002er (He's owned his other tii since 72!) with impeccable Karma is giving me this orphan today. It's sat for 15 years in a barn. 101K miles. VIN is 2761-something.

No current plans on a full resto, but will make it a fun, solid, tight backroad ratrod. Keeping the injection bits in boxes "just in case" though.

Meeting the flatbed at noon. (2 flat tires, no room to jack it up to replace them before dragging it out....wish me luck!)

I'll be spending the day with a garden hose, HAZMAT suit and soapy water.

Can you say "excited"? :^D

Paul

post-2748-13667639687996_thumb.jpg

post-2748-13667639689664_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

It is absolutely a real tii. Unmolested 9.5:1, 5" wide steelies....original....right down to the NLA green aux light button on the dashboard.

This will be number 12 or 13 for me. Plans are to media blast and completely refinish / detail the suspension and brakes, see if the motor has anything left to it, and run it as a really really ugly but stress-free ratrod.

Do I feel guilty for installing a Weber or two on it? Not really. I will keep the injection parts (all of them) in storage. There's simply too much that could be/go wrong (and EXPENSIVE) in the injection system, after sitting so long.

Since I work at a full-fledged restoration shop surrounded by vintage German and Italian exoticars, it'll get appropriate Wegweiser love. Trust me. :D

paul

Paul Wegweiser

Oh I'm sure there's all KINDS of fauna within the cavities of this old car. Hopefully the PA winter has kept away the dangerous type.

...and I'm already planning on checking out a 70-71 carbed parts car on Sunday.

I obviously have a problem. A glorious, gleeful problem.

paul

Paul Wegweiser

Well.... as for a name. I have a few ideas brewing. Delia, after looking at the photos commented:

"Saying that you want this car is like admitting you like rough sex."

I think, at the very least, I could get license plates that read: "RUF SEX". hahahahahaha!

Once I apply hands to it, and soak up it's aura, I'll come up with something suitable.

I've already had a "Niina" and a "Riita" tiis. Gawd I miss my old Riita...(more memories than even my vaunted Emily.) The name inspired by the Beatles' "Lovely Rita Meter Maid".

paul

Paul Wegweiser

What a coincidence, Im getting a 74 carbie today! 02's for all! I wish ya luck with this car man, there sits a lot of potential between those wheel wells.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Guest Anonymous
Man I see no snorkle, that is possibly a real Tii. Check into it first before you modify it or change it

is it okay if he only modifies "it" without changing it?

Paul: Good to see your posts (along with Pats). But is this the car to get married in? LOL

one car still running a broken upper time chain guide - 12? years later?

I'll change it some day.