• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Alpina Flare ID

jmr_1602

I'm probably one of the few who appreciate the look of exposed rivets on a pig cheeked car. I think its the utility of being able to replace them quickly, and the old school look that rivets offer.

Anyhow, I'm trying to find rear flares that are similar to the ones used on the cars below. (The kind that don't wrap around all the way to the rear panel.) I have a feeling that the IE ones fit the bill, but their product shots only show them bonded on race cars?

Can anyone confirm for me? Also are the Korman rears like the flares below?

post-16813-13667639771997_thumb.jpg

post-16813-13667639772521_thumb.jpg

post-16813-1366763977349_thumb.jpg

post-16813-13667639774672_thumb.jpg

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Your assumption is correct: The IE flares do not wrap around - they end before the gas cap.

Here's a shot of my car before I bonded the flares on.

FWIW, I debated leaving the screws exposed too - looks cool both ways.

post-16813-13667639968308_thumb.jpg

Your assumption is correct: The IE flares do not wrap around - they end before the gas cap.

Can't speak to IE's Alpina style rear fenders but the box style fender images on their website appear as thought the gas cap is cutout as well as a recess for the bumber.

FWIW I have no personal experience with either.