• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roundie at Pick and Pull Rancho Cordova, CA on Saturday -

BarryA

Originally Chamonix / blue interior; long ago exterior-only repaint to blue, automatic trans, non sunroof, no a/c, siginficant rust in the front fenders and doors, no visible collision damage - yard data scrawled on the left rear fender ID's it as a '70.

Appears to be essentially stock, was too wet to crawl underneath to look for sway bars, Bilsteins, etc. Interior was pretty tired, but the glass looked ok, much of the trim was straight, short bumpers were really very decent (not perfect, but not rusty and no big dents or bends), late style steel wheels with center caps & beauty rings.

I didn't take anything off it other than the vin plate (with all the stuff that's packing my garage following my wife's mom passing away in January, there's no room for anything that won't be used right away).

'02's seem to get picked over pretty quickly at the Rancho yard, so if you need anything, pack your foul weather gear and get after it.......

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

I didn't take anything off it other than the vin plate

So, whats the VIN?

home office wall - all of them liberated from cars that passed through P&P. I always scratch the car's color(s), equipment and usually the date the plate was removed in the back with an ice pick.

Was thinking the other day that it would be cool to have a web page someplace where photos of salvaged vin plates could be posted in numeric order, with a text box under each one listing the car's details - original color, color when scrapped, equipment, license number (if available) & date & location the vin plate was acquired. Unfortunately, a LOT of cars have undoubtedly gone to crusher with their plates attached, but I'd also bet that more than a few of us have multiple plates we've collected from wrecked or scrapped cars one place or another.......

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)