• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

im going into lurk mode......sob sob

esty

the following is not my own, it's crap i found, copied and pasted...i have my own opinions and views on why some of the crybabies here make threads crying that they're leaving, etc but stating them would probably only cause some of you bitchy guys to start a thread telling us you're leaving, you can't take it anymore or are going into lurk mode

give us a break...if you're going to suck us into your ego makeover, do us a huge favor, do it...don't just go way for a day or 2 then skip back down the yellow brick road like the place is great...it isn't, it's the same old FAQ...the one you left....with the same old hag that pisses you off by not candy coating everything she says and the other asshole, trolls and people you didn't favor that were why you started your bye bye thread...i mean where's your credibility...can't you be trusted to do what you say....?

When leaving or another member is leaving...

Do...

-Post a new thread stating why you're going and for how long.

-Post contact info in you want others to be able to reach you (emails, instant messenger).

-Indicate return date if you know when you'll be back.

-Say your farewells and wish them the best.

Don't...

-Make a thread if you're not actually leaving.

-Use a previous thread to announce that you're also leaving.

-Post a new thread if you're going to be gone for a day or two. Use good judgment on this one.

-Rejoice over someone leaving. If you're happy they left, keep it to yourself.

-Say you're leaving forever then suddenly change your mind and come back the next day. If you make a thread, make sure it's pretty final.

-Give out personal contact (telephone numbers especially).

-Start drama in your departure thread. If you have anything depressing/angry to rant about take it to the spammy rant thread located here.

-Use your old departure threads to leave again. We'll often lock them if they are old or you've returned.

When returning or another member is returning... =)

Do...

-Post a reply in your departure thread saying that you are back.

-Welcome the member back! =)

-Share how you time away was without us (if you went on vacation, ect...)

Don't...

-Post a new thread in the "introductions" forum unless you have been gone for more than a few months.

-Complain about their return.

Special note:

Mods will lock your tread after a considerable amount of time. If you return months later and find that your departure thread is locked or deleted, make a returning thread in introductions.

source: http://vocaloidotaku.net/index.php?/topic/370-depatures-a-how-to-guide/

Why is it when certain members of this forum decide to leave, they feel it's necessary to start a thread informing us of their departure?

Do they think the forum will be lost without them?

Do they feel like their input and presence is so critical to our happiness that we simply can't live without them?

Is there really any other purpose behind it other than to garner attention? In essence, they've decided to "take their ball and go home", but we can beg and plead on their thread for them to come back?

Furthermore, why would someone start such a thread, only to come back a week or so later? At that point, isn't it more of an exercise to determine self-worth (albeit poorly) than to genuinely convey a fond farewell?

source: http://advice.eharmony.com/boards/dating-advice/about-you/18761-why-do-forum-members-start-thread-just-to-say-goodbye.html

I only read the first two paragraphs. Thanks for your efforts and for setting us straight. Where would we be without you?

thanks for patronizing my thread...i know that it's not for everyone...at least you care enough to imply it stinks

i often ask the same thing...where would he be without me...funny how you & i think alike

Exactly! I never understood why anyone would even announce their departure, what purpose does that serve? It isn't that we are collecting dues or anyone one of us is totally irreplaceable! I think is more appropriate to say: goodbye a...holes and bit...es, f.... you all! and have a great life!

FAQ Member # 91

I left and didn't come back...ever....

In fact, you're not really even reading this because since i left and didn't come back, how the hell could I have written it at all?

get help, you're halucinating !!

Nick

-'65 Riviera

-'66 Chevelle

-'72 '02 project

-'90 GTR missile

-'90 Corrado-422HP @ 22lb.

-'92 Duke 851

-'75 Z-1 Kawi

• 3 weeks later...