• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 1602 sr20de swap project Dallas

wizzurp

First off, this car has NO TITLE, I know the background of the car and it shouldn't be hard to file for a mechanics lien or just go through a title office to get one. It hasn't been retitled since 92 and hasn't been registered since 2000.

Well, I'm completely caught up in school and work and I've got to get rid of my beautiful BMW project as it's taking up room at a friend's shop. It's a 1969 BMW 1602 that is in excellent shape. It was repainted a few years back in the original Chamonix White and the paint overall is in good shape with only a few minor chips. It's a beautiful car!

I started swapping in a JDM sr20de/5spd combo that I bought from Jhot imports. The motor mounts are done and in place, it needs the transmission mount built for the engine to be solid. The factory oil baffle setup on the sr is great for road racing/autox since it insures good oil pickup regardless of high g forces. This car was being built for autox and road course.

The goodies:

Complete sr20de swap (harness, ecu, clutch, trans, etc)

Short shifter for the trans

E21 320 rear subframe/diff

E21 320 hubs

E21 rear drums

Old Ireland Engineering front big brake kit made by brembo

Bilstein shocks all around

Large sway bars with poly bushings and end links

E30 BBS bottlecaps with newish tires 4x100 makes it easy to find different wheels.

Battery relocated to the trunk properly

Includes all the chrome trim!

CLEAN body!

Looks like a lot of the bottom of the car has been covered with por15 to keep rust away.

All glass is in good shape.

Interior is nearly gutted but I have most of the original stuff, seats, door panels, dash, cluster, etc.

Things that need to be finished:

Drivers side floor, I was cutting out the rust and welding in patches, it'll need to be finished. Drivers side frame rail needs to be patched as well. Rest of the car is pretty much devoid of rust.

Driveshaft will need to be built, I was going to use driveshaft king, they quoted me a couple hundred dollars.

Exhaust

Wiring the ecu shouldn't take very much work, it's very simple.

It will probably need new brake lines, nothing real hard to do with a bending tool.

This will be a VERY unique and competitive car when it's finished, it just needs someone with a bit of cash, time and love. It would make a good road/autox or even drift car.

Once again so I don't get emails asking, I DON'T HAVE A TITLE.

I wouldn't mind trading for a running rwd car with a manual, e30's, e28's, rx7's etc.

Pictures and some info are available here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,351726/

You can directly email me at wyattallison@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Thanks!

I have a 1987 535is (The real thing)....Sport M5 seats, M5 Cluster, LSD, BMW BBS wheels (two piece) style 5 17s. Car is red and is inspected thru 2/2012....No more emission check..Can you say header and euro exhaust system..hehe

I'm in Dallas TX

Chris Hutton

72 02tii Ceylon 2761758

71 02 Sunroof Riviera 2574316

68 1600 Bristol 1565358

88 535is sold

• 2 weeks later...