• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please review this car for me!

moshulupkwy

This one has my interest. I wonder what you guys can see from the pictures. Or Does anyone know this car?

Interested in the front seats. Did '76 offer motor seats?

Of course mileage is always suspect!!

What do you all think of this '76?

-mpkwy

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/2283415488.html

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

I just re-read the listing on the seats

NEW FRONT SEATS FROM 1998 BMW 328I (ORIG. SEATS INCLUDED

Sorry bout that!

-mpkwy

1966 VW Bug

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

i wouldn't pay more than $3000 for it. The overspray in the trunk looks horrible and the painted bumpers would have to go. the interior doesn't look bad but why not put in recaro E21 seats? Why is there no engine pics? Other than that it looks solid. Either get the seller to cut the price, or search this forum for a better choice

1976 2002

2011 135i

I don't normally chime in on threads like these because I hate it when people tear apart others' '02s, but... I'll offer some constructive points. It looks like a pretty solid driver with a recent respray.

- headliner looks like it might be a newer material (I realize the photo is fuzzy, but it looks like a newer car-style headliner material)

- the body has been painted black below the rear bumper. This is often done to cover up rust.

- Fenders have been replaced. No reflectors, plus they don't look well integrated near the lower lip.

- all that black-painted trim is going to be pricey to correct if you want the factory look.

I don't think it is a $7500 car, but it does look like it is worth more than $3,000 - to me. If it's not rusty (and it looks good from the pics - obviously, I can't see underneath), that's a huge plus in the Northeast.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Thank you all for the insight!

I will pass on this one.

Q: How do you tell overspray from these photos? Educate me please!

-mpkwy

1966 VW Bug

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

Thank you all for the insight!

I will pass on this one.

Q: How do you tell overspray from these photos? Educate me please!

-mpkwy

Suspensions weren't body color from the factory:

1976BMW2002012.jpg

and neither was EVERYTHING in the trunk. I think they even sprayed the trunk with the panels in there. The fuel filler should be black, as should the air extractors (or whatever they are called) above the shock towers. So should the shock upper mount bolts. And the floor panels should be a light gray. There's also some overspray around the trunk seal.

1976BMW2002047.jpg

And you can see where they got some paint on the speaker wires and that amplifier

1976BMW2002048.jpg

I wouldn't write it off until you see it. Just because a dealer has prepped it for quick sale doesn't mean it isn't fairly solid overall. The asking price is high - but most asking prices are negotiable. The electric sunroof might be cause for concern and those later seats look like they sit up really high. Plus, they still have the seatbelt buckles on them. Weird.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

It's like he posted a lot of redundant pictures to confuse you and think there is a lot documented, but it's the same angles over and over again. There is a blurry picture of the spare tire, but what about underneath the spare tire? And did they just paint the floor board in the trunk? Also a careless paint job most likely equates to cheap paint which will dull in a years time.

And to another question the wheels aren't e30 basketweaves, they're BBS RA or something like that.