• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone installed a 320 dash into an 02 ?

nickdaytona

I have a 1980 320 that I bought for the 5 speed with a perfect dash and interior . Anyone done a complete dash swap? I like the cockpit style of the E21. Inquiring minds want to know !!

Nick

-'65 Riviera

-'66 Chevelle

-'72 '02 project

-'90 GTR missile

-'90 Corrado-422HP @ 22lb.

-'92 Duke 851

-'75 Z-1 Kawi

and talked with the owner--he said it was a remarkably good fit--he had to do very little trimming to make it fit. He did a very professional job installing--if you didn't know, you'd swear it was stock. He even had the dashboard vents connected with the heater box, and IIRC he had installed 320 hanging pedals.

Perhaps Rob Torres might remember the car, as the show was in his hometown.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Call me crazy, but I like the looks of that dash in an '02. Maybe get a custom console to match the "cockpit" dash and it would be even better.

I agree. Not sure why he didn’t use the matching console. May have needed a little cut & carve but would have looked better than using the 02 console (perhaps another colour than yellow too).

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Call me crazy, but I like the looks of that dash in an '02. Maybe get a custom console to match the "cockpit" dash and it would be even better.

I agree. Not sure why he didn’t use the matching console. May have needed a little cut & carve but would have looked better than using the 02 console (perhaps another colour than yellow too).

The matching 320 shifter console and vertical radio slot would seem to fit as well , probably with little modification. This is all moot, though , since I have just realized that my son has installed a DVD Stereo unit into the existing dash that the 320's won't tolerate ( ugh... )

I think it's a nice upgrade, much like the E36 rear seats that plug in with NO CUTTING ! Who knew?

Nick

-'65 Riviera

-'66 Chevelle

-'72 '02 project

-'90 GTR missile

-'92 Duke 851

-'75 Z-1 Kawi

Let's see...

Recaros from a 320 - check

5 speed from a 320 - check

Limited slip from a 320 - check

Dash from a 320...hmmm maybe we should be driving 320's?

Just kidding...it actually looks like it belongs.

'72 tii sunroof 
'05 BMW R1100S Boxer Cup Replica
'96 BMW K1100RS/SE
'01 Dodge Ram 4x4, 360ci, 4.10LSD's

Let's see...

Recaros from a 320 - check

5 speed from a 320 - check

Limited slip from a 320 - check

Dash from a 320...hmmm maybe we should be driving 320's?

Just kidding...it actually looks like it belongs.

It's a really nice upgrade once you do a little "hmmmm"ing .

I have an up close and personal video of the car on you know who tube

at this link

That entire interior is going to be in the for sale section soon

Nick

-'65 Riviera

-'66 Chevelle

-'72 '02 project

-'90 GTR missile

-'92 Duke 851

-'75 Z-1 Kawi

and talked with the owner--he said it was a remarkably good fit--he had to do very little trimming to make it fit. He did a very professional job installing--if you didn't know, you'd swear it was stock. He even had the dashboard vents connected with the heater box, and IIRC he had installed 320 hanging pedals.

Perhaps Rob Torres might remember the car, as the show was in his hometown.

cheers

mike

issues the owner said he had was interference between the vent wing knobs and the sides of the E21 dash pad - I think he said he was looking into converting to power windows and seeing if there was some way to adapt 60's Cadillac power vent wing motors to keep the vent wings operational.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)