• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tell us an April Fools experience

jgerock

I came out of the office at work and a co-workers Toyota Tacoma 4x4 pickup had been completely stretch-wrapped by some fellow workers. I did a double-take before getting in my car. Sorry - no pics.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I had a decidedly non-technically-inclined boss at one time. We received a new fancy copier while he was out of the office. He returned on April 1. Our admin support people convinced him it was voice-controlled. When he started talking to the copier, I almost split a gut trying to keep from laughing too loud.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Some of my friends still think I'm on a 'Couples Retreat' on Bora Bora, doing yoga.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Not really an April Fools one, but we had a lot of pranksters at one factory repair department. What's the saying about idle hands? Factor in that we were all engineers/techs...

Mike brought in some walkie-talkies. Put one in the ceiling, next to the PA speaker, above the boss's desk. Keys up the other one, "Mrs X...please come to the front lobby." We watch as our boss gets up, and takes the 3 or 4 minute walk down to the front lobby to see what they wanted.

We used to use tie-wraps to excess. The work chair to the bottom of the bench was always good. Even better when their cutters are tie-wrapped in place as well.

I came back from lunch once and found my tool box FULL of hand cream.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

sinch a long zip tie around somebodys drive shaft and leave the end un cut. Tap tap tap tap tap

another one I did is I worked at a machine shop. This old polack was good at pranks. So at end of shift we were all in the can. I had a little palm size squirt bottle full of warm water in my hand and stepped up to the stall next to him. Pointed the squeeze bottle up and squeezed it shooting a warm stream over the partician and all over him and at the same time saying oops! oops ! Should have seen the look on his face as he cursed me out in polish . Everybody knew I was going to do it. That had to be my best one LOL

I had a decidedly non-technically-inclined boss at one time. We received a new fancy copier while he was out of the office. He returned on April 1. Our admin support people convinced him it was voice-controlled. When he started talking to the copier, I almost split a gut trying to keep from laughing too loud.

c21265b8.png

but it *is* deceiving lol

My son's buddies at work put a for sale ad in one of the local on-line publications for his iX. Got half a dozen calls early Friday morning. ;-)

73 - '02

88 - M3

88 - iX

• 2 weeks later...

After being terminated from my full time staff position, a month later on April 1st I called in sick. This was after I got my lovely severance and owed vacation.

I plan on returning to leave an upper deck sometime soon. Funny thing is I'm doing better freelance now... harr harr

Doug M ny country