• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Vintage (V@V) caravan from Midwest?

Luis

as we have done for some years; there have been as many as 12-14 cars in the caravan--great fun.

This year we're doing it a little different, both day and route, departing Dayton on Thursday 26 May. Our route is US 35 to Chillicothe OH, then south on US 23 to Portsmouth. East from Portsmouth on US 52 (a nice twisty back road once we're in WV) all the way to where it joins up with I-77 at Bluefield WV. From Bluefield it's I-77 through VA to the NC border, where we get on I-74/US 52 to Winston Salem.

In past years we've had a number of folks from further west come to Dayton and overnight for a 7:30 am departure. If you arrive here early enough, there's the Air Force Museum to visit, plus we usually have a dinner getogether for the overnighters and local 02ers.

Anyone who's interested, drop me an e-mail and I'll add you to the caravan e-mailing list.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike,

Place me on the list please to keep tabs on it. However, I'm not sure I can be there for a Thursday 7:30 am departure, if that's what you are planning. It's 6-7 hours from Milwaukee to Dayton and I can't take Wednesday off work.

Luis

as we have done for some years; there have been as many as 12-14 cars in the caravan--great fun.

This year we're doing it a little different, both day and route, departing Dayton on Thursday 26 May. Our route is US 35 to Chillicothe OH, then south on US 23 to Portsmouth. East from Portsmouth on US 52 (a nice twisty back road once we're in WV) all the way to where it joins up with I-77 at Bluefield WV. From Bluefield it's I-77 through VA to the NC border, where we get on I-74/US 52 to Winston Salem.

In past years we've had a number of folks from further west come to Dayton and overnight for a 7:30 am departure. If you arrive here early enough, there's the Air Force Museum to visit, plus we usually have a dinner getogether for the overnighters and local 02ers.

Anyone who's interested, drop me an e-mail and I'll add you to the caravan e-mailing list.

cheers

mike

Mike,

US 52 looks like a nice, squirrelly route. It also looks like our DC/Ohio gang may encounter yours on US 52 en route to the Vintage, but we'll be going the opposite direction to the same destination.

Here's our planned route from D.C.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?gl=us&hl=en&doflg=ptm&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=212589181116429608907.00049f14f8e7f26cac9be&ll=37.788081,-79.579468&spn=3.854652,8.453979&t=p&z=8

Our route takes us on US 52 between Northfork, WV and Eckman, WV, headed south, while you folks will likely be headed north between those towns. If by some stroke of fate we're on that same short stretch of road at the same time, we'll smile and wave, and we'll do our best to have some cold beer waiting for you when you catch up with us in Winston-Salem.

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”