• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tires for 13" wheels

speyguy

I finally burned through my last set of Falken Ziex tires and am in desperate need for some new ones. I figured that there wasn't much choice and I was going to get the Sumitomo's but Tire Rack no longer has any and I ordered through 2 other online venders and it seems as though they are no longer available.

I have a real nice set of ATV's with matching center caps that I'd really like to keep. Other then getting some new 14 or 15 inch wheels, what are my current choices in a good 13" tire?

Does anyone know where some sumitomos might be available?

You didn't say what size tire you're looking for, other than 13" wheels.

Here's some 175/70 x 13s but I'm not familiar with any of these brands.

http://www.onlinetires.com/user/vehicle/tires/allbrands.html

or here (at least some of these names are familiar):

http://discounttires.com/list.php?size_1=175&size_2=70&size_3=13&go=Get+Tires&db=tires&search=tiresize

Bob Napier

Yeah, I forgot to mention size. My wheels are 6" wide and I've been running 205/60-13. I would like to still run that size. Next to that I would settle for a 195/50 or a 185/50 in that order. I think the 175's would start to balloon out a little at that width of wheel. Obviously I haven't been paying attention. After today's search results it seems as though it's a pipe dream.

After that I'm considering the Toyo RA1 if I can find those, since my car is no longer a daily driver and it mostly just comes out in the summer on nice days.

My current wheels are ATV 5 spoke and I would really like to keep them but damn. Not crazy about running an R rated tire either.

I'm going to do a search but I remember some Panasport knock offs I saw on here a while back that were pretty reasonable. New wheels might be an option depending on what I might be able to get for my ATV's.

sells tires to the vintage car market) to reproduce a resonably priced 185/70x13 tire in a modern tread compound using one of the semi-performance tread patterns (the old Bridgstone RE900, Michelin Zx or Xas, Pirelli P400, etc). I understand that there probably wouldn't be enough demand to get the price down as low as $60 - $75 per tire, but the cost shouldn't be up at the stratospheric amount Coker gets for Michelin Xas repro's either.

Seems like there should be a decent market since the size is compatible with many small sports cars and compact sedans / coupes from the 60's / 70's ('02s, Sprites/Midgets, Corvairs, Opels, early Falcons, etc, etc).

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

I just ordered and got Sumitomo 185/70/13 HTR T4 tires from Tirerack and got them delivered on two days ago (Wed.) Checked the website and they are still showing available...

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

73 tii (Verona, survivor, owned since '92)

66 DS21 (most technologically advanced car of the 20th Century)