• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND: tii aluminum timing chain cover

jgerock

Since the cover is broken on my 72tii spare engine, I need a replacement.

I've seen some FS ads for the plastic covers, but not any aluminum lower ones (without diving too far into a search).

If anyone has a good one available on the East Coast (and attending The Vintage next month), we can work out an exchange to save shipping.

Please respond either here or use the e-mail button next to my name ^.

Here is my broken one on the floor.

pics12102010004.jpg

Still installed on the engine.

pics1232010018.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Guest Anonymous

I have the correct early 72tii front cover with the alternator bracket mounting ears cast into the cover as well as the late 72-74 front cover which uses the cast iron alternator mounting bracket as shown in your second picture. Let me know if you are interested.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

I have the correct early 72tii front cover with the alternator bracket mounting ears cast into the cover as well as the late 72-74 front cover which uses the cast iron alternator mounting bracket as shown in your second picture. Let me know if you are interested.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

Thanks Sherman. The VIN of this engine is 2762332 and it has aluminum runners and the "later" alternator mount. If I cannot find one locally I will get one from you.

Jim

Jim Gerock

• 2 weeks later...

I received a flat package from Paul Wegweiser last week containing a used cover. When I asked how much, he said 'no charge'! Cannot beat that. Thanks Paul!

Interesting side story to the concept of "pay it forward". When Paul was working in Baltimore, I bought his set of tii steel rims along with a front air cleaner snorkel. I still have the rims but ended up not using the snorkel. Then along comes new 2002 owner Sean with his tii "Pinchy". Sean had posted he needed a front air cleaner snorkel so I gave him my spare one.

This was before we knew Sean's car formerly belonged to Paul Wegweiser.

Weird huh..

Jim Gerock