• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing shop manual page

Just discovered that I am missing the first manual gearbox page from my CD shop manual. The page number is 23 00 02 aka 23- 00/2. Can someone please post it?

Also, I noticed that the manual recommends that the nuts on the Guibo be replaced if they are removed. Does this really need to be done?

Any tricks to R&Ring the transmission?

I have a 320i transmission and want to find the reverse light switch to hook it up to the wires. I recall that the 320i switch is on top of the transmission. Wires should be where? If they were cut off, where would I find them inside the car?

Thanks.

The reverse light switch on the 5 speed O.D. trans is on top closer to the bellhousing. You need to extend the (2) original 2002 wires about 15" to reach the new switch.

If you haven't done so, I highly recommend replacing all the seals on the transmission before you hoist it into place.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

IRRC, the BMW guibo nuts are a type of locknut (the threaded hole is slightly oval).

As they are part of the driveline, I would certainly recommend putting new ones on.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

IRRC, the BMW guibo nuts are a type of locknut (the threaded hole is slightly oval).

As they are part of the driveline, I would certainly recommend putting new ones on.

Les

FAQ Member #17

What I'm about to share with you will make your life easier.

This is the part number for a "slightly squished" locknut with a 16mm outer diameter (rather than 17mm) and it allows you more room to fit your wrench, while re-assembling things. The squished locknuts are great, where heat and oil might damage the nylon insert of more conventional locknuts.

updated M10 16mm outer dia locknut: 07 12 9 964 672

I'd definitely replace them all. Make sure to hold the bolts stationary while tightening the nuts. This avoids introducing a "twist" or tension in the rubber of the guibo coupling!

I'm doing this job next week and ordered all new bolts, too.

M10 Bolt for std 4 speed quibo: 26 11 1 102 144

HTH!

Paul

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

This is the part number for a "slightly squished" locknut with a 16mm outer diameter (rather than 17mm) and it allows you more room to fit your wrench, while re-assembling things. The squished locknuts are great, where heat and oil might damage the nylon insert of more conventional locknuts.

updated M10 16mm outer dia locknut: 07 12 9 964 672

I'd definitely replace them all. Make sure to hold the bolts stationary while tightening the nuts. This avoids introducing a "twist" or tension in the rubber of the guibo coupling!

I'm doing this job next week and ordered all new bolts, too.

M10 Bolt for std 4 speed quibo: 26 11 1 102 144

HTH!

Paul

+1

Use the same 16mm wrench size nuts for the rear driveshaft to diff bolts.

finalpics004.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Huh, I'm missing that page as well. Makes me wonder how many other pages are missing.

Any chance you got your manual as a pdf online? It's probably the same one...

I don't know if it would be copyright infringement or anything (I don't see why bmw would care) but someone should get that thing together in a pdf that's searchable and complete.

Close but no cigar. That is page 01, need page 02. Thanks.

Check again - 2nd page in Gilberts download is 23 00 02 (23-00/2).

That is the page I was missing in my downloaded Manual.

Les

FAQ Member #17