• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No April Fools this time SOLD!

inkatouring

Well, the FAUX A4 will be moving to Cincinnati sometime soon, with its new caretaker. It is bitter-sweet and I have already had daydreams about the next 02 project, but reality will forestall that -- at least for a while....

Here she is leaving Holland:

inkaatthedock.jpg

At her first Swap n Show (thanks for the pic, Michael)

inkieandthenippers-1.jpg

Being transformed

71b373c7.jpg

In her current glory

1218048158_dsc_32462.jpg

Gratituous touring shot

rescuetourings.jpg

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '92 M5T (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

That's too bad for you, but great for the new owner. Is he by any chance a big-time collector of vintage street & racing BMW's? I won't name him but I think I might know who.....

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Is he by any chance a big-time collector of vintage street & racing BMW's? I won't name him but I think I might know who.....

I don't think so, but it could be. He has one 2002 race car, but if he is a "big-time collector" he down played it with me. Out of curiosity, shoot me an email with his name (or initials) and I'll confirm if that's him.

what next?

Status quo for now. We'll see when Joe, who is 9, doesn't fit in the back seat of the P-car -- something will have to give at that point. But, the father of my daughter's best friend makes his 12 year old boy sit in the back of his 993, so I'm thinking this could last a while. Rachel will almost be off to college by then and Joe can move up front....

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Thats great news for both you and the new owner! Always liked that touring and thought it was a top-notch piece of work.

~Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Guest Anonymous

Congratulations, sorry to see so much of my stuff (my ex stuff) going so far away.......! :)

The new owner truly did get a complilation of parts that are both difficult and expensive to reproduce in this day and age.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Hey Josh,

Does Boelli know about where the touring is going now? Don't know if you remember but I met Boelli when I was at the Bavaria Tour 02. He loved that car. He had one of those super cool old school rally odometers for driving events at his house when I went to visit him after the tour. I miss my 02!

Well, the FAUX A4 will be moving to Cincinnati sometime soon, with its new caretaker. It is bitter-sweet and I have already had daydreams about the next 02 project, but reality will forestall that -- at least for a while....

Here she is leaving Holland:

inkaatthedock.jpg

At her first Swap n Show (thanks for the pic, Michael)

inkieandthenippers-1.jpg

Being transformed

71b373c7.jpg

In her current glory

1218048158_dsc_32462.jpg

Gratituous touring shot

rescuetourings.jpg

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Project Thread: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,339365/

Don't know if you remember but I met Boelli when I was at the Bavaria Tour 02. He loved that car.

I remember now, but had forgotten it. He doesn't know, but I suppose I'll email him...