• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Weber Motors of San Leandro, CA

cj

A few years ago I lived in San Leandro right around the corner from where Webber Motors was located when the were in business. They were on Washington Street right across from a car wash. I was in the car wash washing my 2002 and a guy asked me if I wanted to buy another one. He brought if over and It was a Golf 1972 that was sold originally at Weber Motors and was still on the same block. I did buy it and sold it and bought it again and sold it again, now in LA. Sorry I don't have a frame but I think Webber Motors is still in business in Fresno or Modesto,but may not have the same name. I do have a Zipper BMW Beverly Hills frame on my car.

Ceylon 1973 2002tii 2762669

1972 Austin Mini 1275 traded

1970 Barracuda Convertible

1974 Schwarz 2002

1955 Chevy Bel Air 2 Dr Hardtop

CJ, you're not the only one looking for these... but of course you knew that. :b....

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,338998

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,318128

I even have a WTB ad on the Samba...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1020198

If I ever fine someone with enough for both of us Chris you'll be the first to know. But you knew that... :b...

Dave, I stopped by Fresno a few years ago and picked up a few sets of their frames, gave some to CJ and have a few sets left. They're just not the same as the original San Leandro ones though. You dig out any 13x6 BBS yet??

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

• 1 year later...

Funny, I am sitting in that car wash at the moment having my van washed

I remember sitting in the showroom as my great aunt purchased the first car Harry sold out of that dealership. A 1800 in chamois for factory delivery. I have long been under the impression that this may have been the first BMW sold on the left coast, but I am sure historians will prove me wrong. the car was supposed to have an auto, but they weren't available when the car was picked up in late June of 65. 7k miles in 6 weeks with my older brother (fresh out of high school) at the helm Since she north of 60 at the time, the 4speed was too much trouble and she sold it within a couple of years.

About 8 years later I purchased a 65 1800ti from Harry. Spent a lot of time hanging out there and drive a good number of cars that passed through.

I had some foil stickers from there on my old tool box that got squished. Wish I had recovered them before I tossed it.

• Like 1

When I lived in San Leandro in 2003 there was an I dependant BMW shop on Estabrook St ran by a mechanic that worked at WeberMotors he told me he was the youngest guy working there so he got to install all the radios in 2002s when the were sold.--------I just look up the garage and it is San Leandro Auto Service BMW and the Mechanic that worked at Weber Motors is David Alexander, it looks like he is still in business with his son David jr. Does anyone know them?

Ceylon 1973 2002tii 2762669

1972 Austin Mini 1275 traded

1970 Barracuda Convertible

1974 Schwarz 2002

1955 Chevy Bel Air 2 Dr Hardtop