• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum Flywheel lol

RoccoGilroy

Im hell bent on running an aluminum flywheel. Im willing to pony up the dough for a new one but if I can save some money by buying one thats sitting around in someone's garage collecting dust then why not. 228mm would be best. Please let me know what you have. Thanks!

Rocco

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

I know you want an aluminum flywheel . . . . but if you don't get any good offers - and still want a lighter rotating mass - I've got a lightened 215 and 228, freshly surfaced. (Then the aluminum can be saved for beer cans).

Ill keep that thought in mind! $400-$500 is alot of cheese to through down but it costs like $200 too have one lightened. I just dont want to look back and say "Its almost what I wanted". Ill let you know if I decide to go the lightened steal rout. What would you want for it just out of curiosity?

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

I had one in "Emily" and if I ever have the gearbox off my new tii, I'm getting another. FYI: Mine was a JB aluminum flywheel and the motor just Ziiiiiinged to 7K! *LOVE*

Haven't encountered any downside to installing one (other than cost). Others may pipe in with cautions. For me - it was HEAVENLY!

paul

post-17767-13667641052668_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Ill keep that thought in mind! $400-$500 is alot of cheese to through down but it costs like $200 too have one lightened. I just dont want to look back and say "Its almost what I wanted". Ill let you know if I decide to go the lightened steal rout. What would you want for it just out of curiosity?

I'll double-check those flywheels I had lightened and get back to you (my apologies for the delay - I had posted here but didn't follow the thread). -KB