• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spring time madness! More story added!

eurotrash

No, I had no time to clean off the mud! I had to take Veronica to the Father-Daughter Dance at the High School last night. Tight schedule and all. The car got compliments last night from a M-B afficianado. I don't think that the mud showed up very well in the darkness and rain of last night!

I won't be following Jason so closely in the future. I need to be further back in the pack. His navigator, Bryce Gipson, saw the very sharp left turn on the GPS device and called it out to Jason, just in time. (for them)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

It was a fantastic run, and despite the soggy conditions, an excellent day. I'm especially glad everyone made it out OK and that the only casualties were that electric fence and the beers we had post-drive. I hope we can get everyone together for a summer drive - I don't think I can wait until the fall!

Here's some more pictures, although not as artsy as Jason's hipstamatic photos. More to come once I get my passenger's (chris) photos.

http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss345/johndmetz/spring%20ridge%20run%202011/

EDIT: The video...sorry it's sideways.

Guest Anonymous

Jim - Glad you are OK and your car has the 2 tone Sahara, Ohio/sienna terra cotta. Hope the dance was a Sadie hawkins that would given you an excuse for the muddy country theme.

At least you did not run out of gas!

Joseph

OK, a few things.

You know it's a good event when there is an official cover-up.

So...keeping with that theme...

I'm sure if I was there, which I wasn't, I would have had fun.

Why does something out of an episode of "Dukes of Hazard" always happen on these things? Jeez. I expect "Cooter" to show up with the wrecker at the next one.

Thanks, Mr. Trash, for organizing this. The nameless people that were there enjoyed it, I'm sure.

JohnnySquare was fine while he was in my car. Assuming me and my car were there, which we weren't.

Conditions were "interesting"...nothing like cresting a blind hill at 7/10ths, having to turn, and hitting a small stream going across the road at the same time. Gooooood stuff. If I was there, I'm sure I would have been sideways a few times w/my new "RGB tuned" suspension.

I'm sure if there is another one of these events, I won't go to it, either.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Covert Ops to say the least.

I have no recollection of seeing a Sahara 2002 sitting in a farmer's field...the first time I went around that turn...

Good thing the fence and barb wire insulators were OK, that one lonely cow might have escaped otherwise and I would've hated to see that property owner any more upset than he already was.

Good time had by all and given the amount of photos being taken there should be many more posted on here, and not just documenting misfortune.

Thanks again Jason (& Karie) for the hospitality.

Mark C.

'74 Tii Atlantik

'74 Golf (RIP)

Well, turns out to be a much bigger weekend than I ever expected! All you guys did a really good job of pulling one over on me!!!

Here's the story:

...So after saying our goodbyes and parting ways at the restaurant, some terribly high speed, rev limited, flame throwing frolicking on the short length of Interstate we used, which led to yet another debacle on the road.. (Charlie's exhaust manifold decided it wanted to vibrate off and scatter its studs along I275, catching the plug wires on fire..!!?!?) I rolled into my driveway, jumped out to raise my garage door and "SURPRISE"!!!!. There were something like 30 friends and family in my greasy little single car garage! Then up from behind mozzied the guys from the street with a "gotcha" look on their faces..

Turns out my wife and brother had been planning an early surprise birthday party and all the guys were in one it!

I MUST thank everyone who donated to the cause!!! If you know what I mean, you know who you are (even though I may not). That's an amazing gift my friends, and I am totally touched.

Here are some more images from Bab's and I. She did a nice job of catching some of the action.

file-42.jpg

file-35.jpg

file-44.jpg

file-59.jpg

file-53.jpg

file-56.jpg

file-31.jpg

file-21.jpg

file-64.jpg

file-71.jpg

file-73.jpg

file-74.jpg

file-93.jpg

Screenshot2011-04-18at101315AM.png

file-107.jpg

file-108.jpg

file-101.jpg

file-123.jpg

file-125.jpg

file-127.jpg

file-128.jpg

file-130.jpg

file-132.jpg

WHAT A WEEKEND!!! We'll get you back on the road Charlie.. not to worry!!!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

X2 Tony, that photo is iconic, at least in my mind, very cool!

2003 GMC Sierra Stuff Hauler

2000 Honda Odyssey Family Hauler

1992 Mazda Miata Wife's Grocery Getter

1988 Honda NT650 Hawk GT Dust Collector

1973 BMW 2002 Sunny Day Driver

1991 318iC Daughter's ride

oh and i have to revice my statement about "hipstamatic pictures even look shitty with old cars" - those look absolutely era correct and fitting ;)

Those are actually taken with the Instagram 'camera'. It's like twitter, but all pics. No words.

(O=o00o=O)

Trying not to thread hi-jack, but I'm humbled, (and secretly thrilled) that a couple of folks on here actually remember that old PS photo. Was really surprised to see it pop up here. Quite a story behind that picture too. Berlinetta Boxer that he'd owned less than a week.

post-1307-13667641473392_thumb.jpeg

Trying not to thread hi-jack, but I'm humbled, (and secretly thrilled) that a couple of folks on here actually remember that old PS photo. Was really surprised to see it pop up here. Quite a story behind that picture too. Berlinetta Boxer that he'd owned less than a week.

That's super cool Tony. I love the contact sheet action. That has to feel good..

I hope I'm paying attention enough to notice if any of my stuff ever pops up in the 2020's.. lol

(O=o00o=O)