• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And the windshield went SMASH

nbristow01

Driving today on the freeway, semi has a piece of wood fall off and, of course, hits my windshield. I posted on the WTB side for a like new green or clear. What a bad time...so close to Mid America. Letme know what you may have for sale for a quick ship.

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Lucky you were not injured from the debris, that's disconcerting.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Lots of glass shops carry Pilkington brand glass which is the same OEM that makes windshields for BMW now. The only difference is that it won't have the BMW logo on the glass and will cost a lot less. The last green one I bought was Pilkington and was 'Hecho En Mexico'. Looks and fits perfectly as long as you use a BMW seal. Just say no to URO!

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

is pretty cheap--should be no more than $20-30/year, and covers you for this kind of mishap. My '69 is on its 5th windshield in nearly 42 years; my 73 is on its third, had a big piece of truck tire dent up the lower valence panel, hit a coyote, various flung up rocks bearing dents etc. All were paid for my my comprehensive (not collision).

Worth checking out for the next time (and there will be one).

See you in Arkansas.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Guest Anonymous

you know a factory part option was an inflatable windshield that strapped over your broken one so you could continue along your journey.

you know a factory part option was an inflatable windshield that strapped over your broken one so you could continue along your journey.

Michael Cashel has one.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40