• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB:Front Two piece brake caliper- Like new or a rebuild kit

Hello, my front brakes wont release and I fear my calipers are shot.

does anyone in the bay area have a set they can sell me?

I need these asap as currently my car runs like crap with the front brakes locking up.

Also if anyone has had that happened to their 2002, let me know how you fixed it. The symptoms are my pedal is stiff and wont go down far. When lifted off the ground the front wheels cannot be spun freely. Bleeder valves were loosened on current brakes in the thinking that this may relieve some preasure however after one pump on the braked the pressure is back,

Thanks in advance, for quick responses please email 1971ginger@gmail.com

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

A deformed brake hose will also keep the caliper pistons from returning. If they are stuck out do to rust, you can also try spraying wd40 on the caliper pistons under the dust boots, then squeeze them back in with large channel locks. Do this a couple of times to free them up.

New calipers are about 65 a pop from Carquest, brakes are one thing I wont skimp on and I skimp on a lot!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2