• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trade 2002 for Pickup

Frenchee

donnttt dooo ittttttt. You don't need a truck. The 2002 trunk is big enough to haul the 7 wonders of the world.

I use my 2002 as a pickup... I've hauled firewood in it along with driveshafts, wheels, LOADS of parts and about every thing else. Keep the 02's!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Don't do it! If you really need space to carry stuff get a volvo 240 wagon for like $800-1000.

The 86-93 ones are easy to find w/5spds and get great MPG along with having more cargo space than any wagon and equal to many SUVs of today. I've put couches in the back of mine, avg'd 29mpg from eugene to LA with 4 people and ~500lbs of gear doing 70-75 the whole way.

Easily as reliable as a toyota, not a theft target, and when boosted can make stupid hp.

They also like to drift on gravel/in the wet or snow. I'll be using mine to tow my 2002 turbo around once I swap in the turbo motor. It's also going to be my "expedition vehicle" w/a 1-2" lift and 27.5" truck tires(25.5" is stock height).

Edit: you may not realize it but you're really impulsive at your age. I am really glad I didn't have much money to spend when I was your age(sounds strange considering it was only 4 years ago). You'll hate yourself in a few years if you do sell both of them.

Maybe consider selling one, skipping the turbo, and just going with an M20 swap. It would be reliable and provide plenty of power, you could always keep the turbo stuff and do that later on.

Julio- He might of meant " Pick Up Line"

You are the one he emulates.

HAHA.......lol

We were all impulsive at that age hell some of us are still!!

Frenchee I do not think your "Daddy" Jan would help out on a non German car.

post-2371-136676415757_thumb.jpg

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

Exactly, keep one '02 and get a 240 wagon. No one will ever steal it, good mileage, super cheap to maintain, motors last 300,000+ with out issue(I've seen a handful over 500,000 with out a rebuild), tons of interior storage, and you can boost the shit out of them if you decide to go that way. You can also sleep in the back of them if you go camping or on a road trip.

Just don't bother with a truck. My parents have one and I've used it a lot, but anything I did with it I could have done with the wagon with a little bit of fore sight, except for all the cars I towed(but the wagon I'm working on should do that just fine). Everyone thinks they need a truck for something, 90% of the ones out there are not used to their full extent more than maybe once a year.

I'm not anti-truck, but anything you can do with a truck can be done with an equivalent sized SUV or wagon and the latters will be a lot more useful the rest of the year when you end up needing to bring 4 friends or keep larger items dry.

Exactly, keep one '02 and get a 240 wagon. No one will ever steal it, good mileage, super cheap to maintain, motors last 300,000+ with out issue(I've seen a handful over 500,000 with out a rebuild), tons of interior storage, and you can boost the shit out of them if you decide to go that way. You can also sleep in the back of them if you go camping or on a road trip.

Just don't bother with a truck. My parents have one and I've used it a lot, but anything I did with it I could have done with the wagon with a little bit of fore sight, except for all the cars I towed(but the wagon I'm working on should do that just fine). Everyone thinks they need a truck for something, 90% of the ones out there are not used to their full extent more than maybe once a year.

I'm not anti-truck, but anything you can do with a truck can be done with an equivalent sized SUV or wagon and the latters will be a lot more useful the rest of the year when you end up needing to bring 4 friends or keep larger items dry.

QFT