• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior questions

dtharp113

Worked on removing the headliner and loosening the windscreen gaskets this afternoon. I'll be sending her in to get the headliner installed, and then the glass -- so,

1. appears that the headliner bows are the same length for non-sunroof vs sunroof, yes? Difference being the number of bows and the location

2. is there a trick to removing the bows w/out breaking the holders? Moot question b/c the current headliner is 3/4 removed (and I have 2 intact clips(?) out of 4)

3. there is a fiber/backer board for the sunroof car in the back (where the dome light mounts). As I never had the piece originally, I'm not sure what it looks like or how it mounts (and yes, I did a Search - found Bill Williams post about swapping roofs which was helpful). Anyone have a photo?

That's it (for now..!)

Thanks,

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

I can only comment on issue #3, but my ceiling behind the sunroof is entirely metal. I know I've seen photos of other people's sunroof cars with a wood ceiling. Not sure what was stock.

Re: #3

The front of the board sits over the rail/ledge (were the white strip is in photo).

Side of the board is held by the tabs (4? per side) (bent down in the photo)

Rear of the board has 5 plastic clips that push up into the holes.

post-1449-13667641523523_thumb.jpg

post-1449-13667641525139_thumb.jpg

post-1449-13667641526355_thumb.jpg

post-1449-13667641527483_thumb.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Here you go Dennis. Keith Kreeger's website has really good details

http://www.my2002tii.com/2005-1/index3.htm

http://www.my2002tii.com/spring_2005/sunroof.htm

**sigh** I'm impressed by other's ability to find the nuggets on this forum!

Thank you.

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson