• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am a 2002 magnet....

wegweiser

Guest Anonymous
Oh Tom! You and your fancy-pantsy "perfect climate where cars never rust ever, and you can drive them year round as your only vehicle while having the most awesome cool lifestyle EVER" can cry me a river! :^P

Oh that's right....it gets hot in CA.... *wah!* *laughing!*

paul

Paul, are you serious "where cars never rust, ever" .... ah I don't think so. You must be thinking of Arizona? SF bay area, damp, wet, (between 20 and 30" this year) between October and March (looks like rain today as a matter of fact). If you don't have a garage they do take a beating (again, not like where you are, East Coast, Rust Belt etc., I had a friend that lived in Newport Beach (on the beach) no garage, his 02 turned form a really nice car to rust bucket in about 4 years.....salt air, fog, (some rain), particulate from Jet aircraft engines .....

cheers.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Yeah yeah...I know, but I'll take the beach, bikinis, salt air, sand, warm temperatures, and aircraft vapors over deer ticks and road salt any day. I'll need to double my income to afford that "other" coast though, right?

paul

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Paul - I see that Golf tii has a trapezoid mirror ;).

Wonder how much rust is underneath?? I like Golf but my better half doesn't.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”

That's actually a fairly rare color in a '73tii Paul....I actually cannot remember "ever" seeing one! What's the VIN?...early '73tii or late?

Good luck with things!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

And if you look on the driver's seat, you may still see the sealed envelope I tossed in through the driver's window (which was left open about a half-inch) about seven years ago, asking the owner to contact me if he ever wanted to sell. The thing hasn't moved in that time, and the last I checked (about three or four years ago), the envelope was still sitting where it landed on the front seat. So... does that mean I have dibs? :-) It's less than a mile from where I grew up. And you're welcome to it if you can get in touch with the owner.

From some receipts I saw sitting on the passenger seat, I suspected the owner got into a ton of work trying to get the thing running (if I recall correctly, it was from the DC area) and finally gave up.

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Wow! No kidding Dave? Small world!

I have a line on the owner. Spoke with his brother (who is himself a cool car guy). Indeed, he lives in the DC area.

Don't remember the VIN. Rare color? Who cares? It's just damn COOL! :)

7er is a junker. You're not missing much there.

Just took the F Bomb 30 miles into town and back. At 96mph (actual, according to my GPS, during a brief squirt of the throttle) she's ready and willing for more!

I am in love.

Paul

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Rare color? Who cares? It's just damn COOL! :)

LOL!....I'm a big fan of Golf too! It's not a "rare" color, but in a tii it is afaik. Come on Paul, you know more than most of us about these cars. Have you ever seen a Golf '73tii? I'm sure they are out there, just not very common IMO.

Enjoy!....and I must have missed it, but what the heck are you doing in Pittsburgh? :-)

Hope all is well,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

Rare color? Who cares? It's just damn COOL! :)

LOL!....I'm a big fan of Golf too! It's not a "rare" color, but in a tii it is afaik. Come on Paul, you know more than most of us about these cars. Have you ever seen a Golf '73tii? I'm sure they are out there, just not very common IMO.

Enjoy!....and I must have missed it, but what the heck are you doing in Pittsburgh? :-)

Hope all is well,

John

There are (2) Golf tii's in this area that I know of. One is a ' 73 very close to my VIN!

Here is the other one I saw at last year's Chapterfest. Looks like a '72.

pics10302010083.jpg

pics10302010084.jpg

pics10302010085.jpg

Jim Gerock

...geee - and I think I either sold my vent window assemblies for $5,

or chucked them into the local landfill ? when I was cleaning

out "stuff"

if it "runs" and I can drive it back to Darien - give me a call

C.D. needs a 02 fund

The fact that you threw out the vent windows makes me sad.

The fact that you want to get another one makes me happy.

I look forward to finally meeting you in Carlisle next month - I plan on going, most likely either Friday or Saturday.

Want a Yellow Super Beetle? It is in Old Town Alexandria.

IMG_4524.jpg

Jim Gerock

There are (2) Golf tii's in this area that I know of. One is a ' 73 very close to my VIN!

There ya go! Thanks Jim! Nothing "dull" about Golf! :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"