• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 BMW 2002 (Two Running Cars) $3250 in Sacramento, CA

BOLAMAN77

Prefer to sell these two cars as a package to anyone willing to take the pain to smog the vehicle for licensing. The Malaga should pass smog (stock carb. etc). The Wine color one has weber carb, and might need some modification to pass smog). Both cars run.

$3250 for both cars.

Details below:

1976 BMW 2002 Model, Malaga -

1976 BMW 2002 with BBS wheels. 4 speed manual transmission. 4 head lamp. extra two under the hood, behind the grill. Newly replaced engine. Electric fuel pump. No rust in critical spots like shock towers, front and rear. Original paint needs buffing, or new paint job. ON non-op. PINK SLIP TITLE IS AVAILABLE. Clean Title. No back registration fees. Brake pedal is a little sticky.

http://s964.photobucket.com/albums/ae126/BOLAMAN77/1976%20Malaga%20-%20Burgundy/

1976 BMW 2002, Wine color

1976 BMW 2002. Racing type exhaust cap. 4 - Speed, standard tranny. The dash in this 02 is amazingly good with hardly any crack. Check it out! New water pump. NO SPEAKER HOLES IN DOOR PANELS! Good running condition. Just taken off non-op. Registration paid through 2011. Mileage : 78100 is displayed. Clear Ttle. PINK SLIP TITLE ON HAND. Minor rust by left side of wind-shield. No rust in the shock towers. Could use a paint job. Current paint looks original, but faded. Stereo / radio is missing. Minor body ding on the rear plate area. Just replaced weber carb. Brake master cylinder just replaced. .Sticky brake pedal. Racing style exhaust clip. Engine & transmission are in good sound condition. Needs interior TLC like upholstery etc. Driver, does not need to be towed!

$3,250 For both cars. Call or e-mail. (916) 752-6043

post-17468-13667641582444_thumb.jpg

post-17468-13667641585341_thumb.jpg

Can Nevada's smog law be stricter than California? What is your source? I sold a 1976 Chimoniz white 02 to a Nevada Sheriff Department officer / or employee about a month ago, and that is my current source of FYI. You might be correct, but I doubt it seriously.

Thank you for your input, but I will check directly with the Nevada DMV tomorrow, and keep everyone posted.

Bolaman77

Here is the link to the Emissions Page:

http://dmv.nv.gov/emission.htm#General

Exempt Vehicles

The following vehicles are exempt from emission testing:

New motor vehicles on their first and second registration;

New hybrid-electric vehicles for the first 5 model years;

1967 or older;

Motorcycle or moped;

Vehicles based in remote areas of Clark and Washoe counties and all other Nevada counties (call us if you are not sure whether a check is required in your area);

Alternative fuel vehicles;

Diesel vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 14,001 pounds or greater;

Transfer of ownership/registration if the last test was conducted within 90 days before the transfer;

Transfer of ownership/registration between husband and wife;

Transfer of ownership/registration between companies whose principal business is leasing vehicles if there is no change in the lessee or operator of the vehicle;

Vehicles registered as a Classic Rod or Classic Vehicle and driven 2,500 miles or less per year.

Vehicles registered as a Replica Vehicle.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I thought the same until I had to smog to register my '71.