• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Automatic for $600 in Spokane

EWN2002

Guest Anonymous

Been on the hunt for a pre 75 auto, I just have to justify flying to the PNW and towing back a heap of metal 1000 miles to my fiancée.......

With my 20 years of experiences in purchasing vintage BMWs and Alfas, both good and bad buys along the way, knowing what I do now, I'd seriously consider this one if a squarelight AT was at all a possibility and you can afford a non-heap (can't see a significant other being happy with a major project anyway): http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/2331320479.html (NM/NA). Nothing has worked better for me in the past than having a clean/concise owner history along with a car that has clearly been well-loved its whole life.

I've also had really good luck with Boise: bought an original owner E30 '91 318is last June with 43K original miles there for $4500 in near showroom condition from a CL ad! I did need to do the dreaded M42 profile gasket repair a couple weeks after the 300 mile drive home after it started leaking coolant, but even with that it was an amazing buy. The fact that I was able to get the car was because Boise is far enough out of the way that it doesn't get attention from the city-dwellers and the economy there isn't the strongest currently, yet it has enough affluent residents that there are interesting cars. If my E30 had been in Seattle or Portland which are both closer to where I'm at, it would have been gone in a couple hours without my even having seen the ad. As it was, I was able to pick up the car nearly 2 weeks after it was first posted by being the first to express serious interest a couple days after it was first listed.

On the '75 O2, you'd hope the thermal reactors were long gone since it's clearly a U.S. spec model, but much easier to deal with that than having a car that's not solid and will never be 100% right.

Gary

My daughter and I trailered this home yesterday. Pretty solid car overall - very little rust, no major damage. Problems include a crack in the windshield, driver's door has a crease in it and doesn't shut quite right, passanger side window does not operate AND engine is either from a 318i or just the head is from a 318i. Seller didn't know for sure since he bought it this way, but told me that the 318i head has no provision for mechanical fuel pump (not a huge deal) and that the distributor turns in the opposite direction fromt he 2002 M10. My intention is to put the engine back to original once I determine exactly what I have and then what I need to do it right. We also purchased a 74 2002 4-speed that we haven't seen yet and is supposed to run and drive, but also have considerable rust. Sooo, depending on how bad the rust is, we maybe doing a motor swap to get the auto running.

68 1600 Bristol

72 2002 Malaga

72 2002 Agave

74 2002 Fjord rust bucket

74 2002a Chamonix

You might just have to swap the cam with a 2002 cam (from your parts car), as the cam gear is "backwards" on the later 1.8i heads, if I remember. Add a low pressure fuel pump in the trunk from

http://www.racetep.com/webfuelspark.html#webfuel

and that may fix the distributor/fuel pump problems. Of course, the dizzy would have to match the cam gear as well, but you could that from your parts car too.

I was interested in that car until I learned it was Chamonix/Navy (he had it posted for a week without pics). I want a different color combo for my next 02.

Good luck with it!

John in the Columbia River Gorge

1976 2002 Chamonix/Navy - SOLD

2001 330i