• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got the 15x7 steelies mounted!!

nbristow01

Outstanding! Can we see a profile shot as well? Fantastic combo!

Profile shots posted. I am still debating if I need to drop the rear a hair more

Looks like an even reveal from the tires to the fenders front and rear. I'd call that perfect.

Thanks! thats what I am thinking so I will just let it be for now.

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Those turned out great.

However, I have an aesthetic suggestion: paint the wheels black with the chrome hub cap. Nick Vyse posted a picture in an earlier thread of yours that I quite liked. That's just a personal thing on my part though. I think the decision to go with steelies worked out well overall.

Great thing about steelies is you can paint them and change colors. I was wondering what silver with the chrome would look like

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

How much do the wheels weigh? This would be great for a sleeper look with some beat-up hubcaps. What cores did you supply exactly? Did they work off your 13's, or where they NK 14's?

1971 BMW 2002

38/38 DGAS

292 cam

TEP 4-1 header

Ansa Sport muffler

Bilstein Sports

H/R Sports

Full Urethane

Bavaria Control Arms/02 Tension Rods

IE adjustable sways

15x7 König Rewind

How much do the wheels weigh? This would be great for a sleeper look with some beat-up hubcaps. What cores did you supply exactly? Did they work off your 13's, or where they NK 14's?

You have to use 14" wheels as cores. They fit them into 15 inch barrels to make the rims. I had mine made to ET25. Not sure how much they weigh. A lot heavier than th ealloys but I can not tell any difference when driving

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

195/50/15 up front, 205/50/15 in rear. Hubcaps should be here tomorrow. Edit Hubcaps came in todayas seen in the pics!! New roudels coming soon on them

Dropped the front end a bit more this AM. These pics are at my buddy's house.

Not sure if I am going to drop the backend any more. Just waiting to see what it looks like with the hubcaps.

Thanks to everyone for all the help getting the hubcap issue figured out

I had the wheels done at Custom and Commercial Wheel in CA. 909-357-3505. Runs about $900.00 with you supplying the cores

The drop (and the rims) are sexy... Please tell us about the suspension set up?

Time is the ruler of all...

Looks great! I'm just disappointed that everyone seems to be jumping on the NK/CS wheel bandwagon now. Not really, but I thought I was all stealthy when I went with my setup in 2003; I hadn't seen anyone else running them until the past few months. But I still like the look, and I'm kind of glad more people have "discovered" it.

You're being truly unique with the 15" conversion, though, and I like it!

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Looks great! I'm just disappointed that everyone seems to be jumping on the NK/CS wheel bandwagon now. Not really, but I thought I was all stealthy when I went with my setup in 2003; I hadn't seen anyone else running them until the past few months. But I still like the look, and I'm kind of glad more people have "discovered" it.

-Dave

Thanks Dave. Ilove knowing I can get tires no issues. And I LOVE the old school look with the new look wider tires. Plus I enjoy being maybe the only guy that has an 02 with this setup

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

-Dave

Thanks Dave. Ilove knowing I can get tires no issues. And I LOVE the old school look with the new look wider tires. Plus I enjoy being maybe the only guy that has an 02 with this setup

You are the only one, at least the only of the active memebers here.

I was looking into that before my wife sprung the RB's on me. Dave Hoovler's car inspired it for me. You pulled it off well man.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

-Dave

Your car was always the inspiration for mine!! Since mine is an early car I wanted the stock look; Basketweaves weren't doing it for me. Trust me, you get credit for doing it first (unless Tom Jones' '66 had it first)

post-2836-13667641738133_thumb.jpg

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

Suspension is IE stage 1 springs (Cut about 1 coil or so)IE sway bars, Bilstien HDs, all poly, handles great

I am running a similar set up:

Suspension Tech springs

All poly

Bilstein Hds

2 questions

how is your alignment, is there a problem with burning the inside of your tires ?

Do you think I can get somewhat the same look by cutting my springs 1 coil or so?

Once again I love the set up...

Peace and Thanx

Wayne

Time is the ruler of all...