• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone in Denver checked this car out?

pjo33us

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2322901277.html

I have the tentative green light to start a 02 project. Has anyone up in Denver taken a look at this car? I really just want to know how bad the "cosmetic issues" are. I think replacing floors and frame rails is above my pay grade. Sanding and painting would be OK though if i could get the car for the right price.

Thanks,

Paul

I talked to this guys a while back (when the car was $2K). It doesn't run, and he claims it only needs a radiator...I would highly doubt that.

Also...the car was originally Malaga. Regardless, it isn't originally Fjord.

IMHO...not a ton going for this car, unless you get it for $500.00 and part it out.

Polaris '71 2002tii Touring

DS '88 M3

Agave '73 2002

e46 Touring

Titanium 05 X3 Si

touringtiiweb.jpg

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2322901277.html

I have the tentative green light to start a 02 project. Has anyone up in Denver taken a look at this car? I really just want to know how bad the "cosmetic issues" are. I think replacing floors and frame rails is above my pay grade. Sanding and painting would be OK though if i could get the car for the right price.

Thanks,

Paul

Colorado Spgs to Denver is 50 miles...why not just drive up and look at it in person? I'll warn you ahead of time...Robert (shop owner) is nuts.

DS '88 M3

Agave '73 2002

e46 Touring

Titanium 05 X3 Si

touringtiiweb.jpg

Colorado Spgs to Denver is 50 miles...why not just drive up and look at it in person? I'll warn you ahead of time...Robert (shop owner) is nuts.

Will do. He sent me a bunch of pics... There is a bit of rust on the roof, hood and trunk. Regardless, it will need a sand and paint. The underside looks pretty good from the pics and he states that the engine is a new replacement engine. What do you mean he is "nuts"? As in crazy enough to sell me the car real cheap?

On the blue one for $1400, did the guy say how far gone the body is? I will give him a call tomorrow.

Thanks for your help. BTW, I like your jade tii... if only the budget was bigger!

Will do. He sent me a bunch of pics... There is a bit of rust on the roof, hood and trunk. Regardless, it will need a sand and paint. The underside looks pretty good from the pics and he states that the engine is a new replacement engine. What do you mean he is "nuts"? As in crazy enough to sell me the car real cheap?

On the blue one for $1400, did the guy say how far gone the body is? I will give him a call tomorrow.

Thanks for your help. BTW, I like your jade tii... if only the budget was bigger!

By nuts...I mean extremely unstable and bipolar. He probably won't deal much price–wise, as he's extremely proud of his stuff.

As for the blue one...it's been smacked in the rear D/S quarter and the front. As I said, it's a max $500.00 parts car.

DS '88 M3

Agave '73 2002

e46 Touring

Titanium 05 X3 Si

touringtiiweb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Your car is sweet. Sadly, it is way outside my price range. I am loking to spend $2 to $3k max and restore or turn into a track rat over the next 2 to 3 years. Looking for something with minimal rust but in need of a sandblast and paint and maybe a light engine rebuild. I just want to stay away from a complete basket case.