• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toyota MR-S (late MR2 2001) wheels?

Harv

So I have this friend. Actually he's my beer drinking, fellow airplane owning, Dentist. He has this 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder. Over the years it has sat unused. So now with gas over 4 bucks he's grown a little tired of feeding the Escalade, he's now driving the MR2. it has 10K on it, mint, as new.

So today he drives it over to my house to sample a few IPA's (Lagunitas Max). He says the wheels have this corrosion on them. They are the OE 15 and are pretty ..... wimpy. I tell him he could just send the wheels off to be refinished but then he asks about new wheels. In my mind I think BBS or Einkei or maybe OZ?

What is the right wheel for this car? I know that's a taste thing but you should know what I mean.

Tire rack has a MSW that looks cool but it's a little on the heavy side.

We had decided 17 inchers for the bling effect.

He has autoXed the car once for fun and liked it but his rational mind keeps him focused on his Mooney.

so what wheels?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades