• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9 months and 26 days later- My restoration is complete!

aaronr

Some of you may remember my post about a year ago- I bought back my 72 2002 after 19 years from the person I sold it to back in 1992.

The car had a fresh motor rebuilt by Chicago's killer engine builder, Tom Kelly, before I got it back. The previous owner had not gotten to the body, interior or anything other than the motor.

I found a local Indiana BMW bodyman named Jeff Ware to do the work. He was awesome.

A major thanks goes out to all on the forum who helped me with parts and advice, especially to Esty for putting up with me and all of my changes.

The core of the parts came from BMW of Westmont. Kevin Hale there is amazing. Highly suggested for Chicago members that need Mobile Tradition parts.

Here are a few pics, I'm super excited!

post-746-13667642031464_thumb.jpg

post-746-13667642032757_thumb.jpg

1972 2002

14x6 panasports with 185/60-14 Sumitomo HTR 200's- both new. H&R touring cup kit. No rubbing, car feels great.

Aaron

looks great! What size Panasports are those? and what is your suspension set up? And are you getting any rubbing?

1972 2002

Hi Aaron, It was great to meet you last year (September?) for the back seat transfer of ownership sale and coffee. I hope it worked out for you.

Your car looks great!

Will we see you at "The Vintage?" this year? I'm leading a small troupe from Indianapolis early Friday AM if you are interested in tagging along

http://atthevintage.com/

-=Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--