• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid America Fest

It was nice to see everyone over the weekend. As usual, Bo, Barbara, and their crew did a fantastic job all weekend. Thanks to all of you that worked to make such a great event happen once again. Lots of great cars to see and a nice bunch of people to visit with. - Larry

in 11 hours 30 minutes. Open the door to a hot dinner and open arms, oops wrong house:)

1400 total miles and a lot of $4.00 per gallon gas.

Only my second trip, the organizers are excellent hosts. The venue and drive on Saturday was excellent. The camaraderie of all participants was wonderful!

Pictures posted soon.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

Guest Anonymous
Man was that a BLAST!! The driv ewas incredible. Bo is the MAN

Nick is correct that Bo does a GR8 job. But let's not forget all the others (e.g., Barbara, the cooking crew, Skip, Keith K... and many others).

The traditional internet +1 just isn't enough... it is more like +100.

Way cool Paul Looks like you had a great day We were wondering about the weather for you guys

I spy a Targa in there!!!

Sorry we could not make it this year Next year for sure

Thanks for the picture!

Yep that is John Paul's Targe. nice car and super guy. I met him last October at the wine country tour we did.

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

This was my second time going to this event. The friendships made are what it's all about. It's a great feeling being around others that share my passion. I live in the land of F150's so this trip is quite refreshing. Thanks to all the hosts. See you next year!

2008 335i

1978 Honda cafe racer

My first Mid America and it exceeded my expectations. Great people and a great event. Put over 1,100 miles on my car in 3 days. Thanks to Skip for hosting us on Friday (we'll be talking soon). The only downside is the "heater envy" I'm feeling (Don!). Thanks to Bo, Keith and all the folks who hosted us. I'll be back!

PS, I had to put a pic of Buddy's dog - a real trooper!

post-18078-13667642113337_thumb.jpg

post-18078-13667642114313_thumb.jpg

1976 Polaris

Thanks!!! to Bo, Skip, Blunt, Keith, all the vendors, all the cooks, the organizers, the host motel, those who contributed door prizes out of the goodness of their hearts, etc., etc. You are appreciated!

I had a great time. It is worth the long drive to see everyone and to share the good times that can be had in/around '02's. We had a turbo, a right-hand drive touring, a Euro Lux tii, an Isetta, and a targa there this year - amazing! The drive on Saturday was safe & there were very few mechanical issues, which was A-OK. There were multiple small repairs carried out on the parking lot on my '02, Meg's, & Les's touring. (& others, no doubt) We had an '02 there that was just 10 days out of the scrapyard and it looked and ran pretty amazingly.... KUDOS on that resurrection! The technical sessions on Friday night were quite interesting. The Saturday night dinner was superb. The weather was perfect on Friday -- Mike Self & I got there early to tour the Pea Ridge Battle Park -- and Saturday's weather was a major improvement on last year's craziness. Sunday was just plain cold. Odd.

The ride home was uneventful, but IN & OH were in the midst of the usual downpours we've had this spring. We had to slow down and narrowly avoided a chain-reaction pile-up on I-75 in the Dayton area. We can't brag of 'making good time' but Mike and I were glad to get home safe, dry, & free of any major issues.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Great Weekend again! Thanks Bo and Barb for all your hard work to make the weekend so good. Looking forward to the fall drive already.

Remember Bo still has event shirts left to be bought.

Vintage is next up and my daughter annouced she wants to go!

1974 2002tii

1974 2002Turbo

e66

I should know this -- but what is that metal hoop to the left of the doggie? And is that an '02?

Cheers,

Ray

My first Mid America and it exceeded my expectations. Great people and a great event. Put over 1,100 miles on my car in 3 days. Thanks to Skip for hosting us on Friday (we'll be talking soon). The only downside is the "heater envy" I'm feeling (Don!). Thanks to Bo, Keith and all the folks who hosted us. I'll be back!

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Thanks to Bo, Barb, everybody involved and especially to the attendees...the coolest enthusiasts anywhere! Thanks also to those of you who took the time to come by my shop and hang out at the open house. We enjoyed meeting and visiting with every one of you and a lot of you opted for the "scenic" route over perhaps a more direct, albeit boring route. What a rush to have almost 15 '02s pour into the parking lot...It was awesome! Looking forward to next year already.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Glad you had a good time, forgot to ask, did your Headliner ever get sucked out??

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007