• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found - Tii Air Filter/Cannister mounting brackets

hanksjim1

I can't find a part number for these (if you have it please email me)...I need a clean set to mount my Ti airbox (I know I could fabricate, but would prefer the original item)...anyone have a rusted Tii hulk they could cut them off of? Willing to pay reasonable price + shipping

post-9344-13667642247273_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bump...multiple emails to Sherman, but no reply...anyone have a set of these Tii factory airbox (any of the airbox rubber/washers, nuts mounting bits in usable condition that you could include would be a bonus)...please indicate a price + shipping and payment preferences to 98245. Please email me. Thanks In Advance!

Other than hit a junkyard or keep on eye on folks here that score a Tii rust bucket willing to part out, I guess the only alternative is to ask someone to take measurements and fab up a set. Let me know if you come up with a source or any otehr suggestions...I will do the same!

Ok will do.

I will visit two BMW repair centers that have some 02's on their salvage lot and also send an email to Laurens Manders in the Netherlands to see if he can helps out since the Ti was a euro version.

A fellow 02FAQ'er did respond to a previous email and sold the Tii brackets for $25. We have at least a price reference.

Keep you posted

JP

JP

Super...if you happen to find several sets, let me know...I will gladly pay you if you find a couple of donor cars...I will do likewise.

Wonder what happened to Sherman Martinez? He was very active on this board for a long time.

• 7 months later...

Jean -

Jim's ti project has been "transferred" to the East Coast to me (another Jim).

I was able to get the body section with brackets from a very rusty Polaris 74tii courtesy of Jason Gipson (Eurotrash). After I locate a suitable car, the brackets will be welded to the fenderwell.

IMG_6488.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Guest Anonymous

two young children similar to both Stone and Markmac in the general discussion section. I responded to both Jean Paul and Jim. However, after I had some of the early intermittent wiper kits some time ago Jim responded that he wanted one and I emailed him with instructions on payment(then waited over a month) and he defaulted. Whenever I have an occurence like that I usually don't deal with those people again, period. Jean Paul I also responded to you and you wanted to see pictures of the brackets. I just really don't have the time these days to take pictures of parts that a picture won't do any justice to. Having dealt with 2002s (mainly tiis) I know what I am talking about and don't sell anything that I would not use on my own cars. There was mention of wanting a part from a california car so that it wouldn't be rusty, that is what you would get from me as all of the cars I have parted out were from california.

Thank you,

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

two young children similar to both Stone and Markmac in the general discussion section. I responded to both Jean Paul and Jim. However, after I had some of the early intermittent wiper kits some time ago Jim responded that he wanted one and I emailed him with instructions on payment(then waited over a month) and he defaulted. Whenever I have an occurence like that I usually don't deal with those people again, period. Jean Paul I also responded to you and you wanted to see pictures of the brackets. I just really don't have the time these days to take pictures of parts that a picture won't do any justice to. Having dealt with 2002s (mainly tiis) I know what I am talking about and don't sell anything that I would not use on my own cars. There was mention of wanting a part from a california car so that it wouldn't be rusty, that is what you would get from me as all of the cars I have parted out were from california.

Thank you,

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

Sherman - can you please clarify which "Jim" you are referring to? I did purchase and install one of your intermittant wiper kits a few years ago. Still works great!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"