• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I put Porsche wheels on my car

Smitty

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

don't think that'll pass TECH INSPECTION

Indeed, I thoroughly doubt it!

Thanks for all your thoughts on this ‘outlaw’ 02!

The current suspension setup is pretty basic: H&Rs (2 coils cut in front), spring pads removed, fixed camber plates and Bilsteins. In a few weeks, it’s moving to shortened & bent tii struts, Rabbit Bilsteins and coilover perches.

Wheel offsets are 20mm in front and 18mm in back. I needed to use 7mm spacers up front to prevent contact with the tie rod, so the effective offset is 13mm. With fully rolled fenders, there is no rubbing under compression – but I’ve only been driving on this setup for a day and shouldn’t be speaking in absolutes. The scrub radius has been increased considerably so there’s probably some inner fender contact on lock... I just haven’t noticed yet. Tire sizes are 195/50/15 front and 205/50 rear. I agree that the tire stretch looks weird at this ride height, but it’ll blend nicely when properly slammed.

The total cost was comparable to a nice set of RSs. Some decent-shape 356 steelies were snagged from The Samba classifieds, rebuilt to my specs by a local wheelsmith and mounted on a set of custom adapters. I still need to respray them in a darker shade.

Side shots with baby moons:

5714569606_7190f351b7_z.jpg

5714571542_3b9ce5ecd2_z.jpg

Michael Smith

Winning!!

Ok now you have to post that other pic!

LOL of course! Courtesy of Mr. TonyHavana, this red 02 was graced by some winning hands in 1997's top film, Under Pressure.

The car, with its Porsche wheels, is now winning. Connection????

winning.jpg[/i]

Michael Smith

There's something disturbing about that...

kinda like one of those dreams where you're in

your own house, but you can't find the bathroom?

heh

But I DO like the look. Oh, 'skuse me, gotta go pee.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I like it!

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

They look fantastic - I think they'd suit a RRL a little better, but top marks on originality. Big steels and hub caps are all the fashion:

Agreed on the RRL thing but reality intrudes. Can you post more pics of the flared car? Totally digging it.

And Tom, I'm on it!

Michael Smith

They look fantastic - I think they'd suit a RRL a little better, but top marks on originality. Big steels and hub caps are all the fashion:

Agreed on the RRL thing but reality intrudes. Can you post more pics of the flared car? Totally digging it.

And Tom, I'm on it!

It's my mates car in the UK - goes great having ragged it round the streets of central London as his wedding car. If you're not already a member you'll have to go through the free reg process to see all the pics - BTW, she's called the SLUT because the of reg plate:

http://www.02forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1415&hilit=slut

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg