• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 2002 used in engagement photos

I answered a CL ad for a couple who were looking to borrow a 2002 to use as part of their engagement photos. He had an '02, but it was apart in a warehouse in NJ, and they felt that the '02 had been such a big part of their life that they wanted to include one as a photographic element. I loaned my car to them and they drove it to Provincetown for the photo shoot. It had the right amount of pizazz to pop in the pix yet enough patina that it didn't steal the spotlight. Check it out.

http://www.justinmarantz.com/index.cfm?postID=1053

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1988 FrankenThirty 325is, 1999 M Coupe, 1999 Z3, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Reading the comments I was surprised that it took so long for someone to comment on the car. Well, at least no one said to move the models so they could get clear pics of the car.

Rob, Is this going into your car's portfolio? Part of it's pedigree?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Hmmmmmm, makes me want to post a CL request for a photo shoot with red 3.0 csi!

Rob, I'm not surprised by your generosity.....your old Sahara tii is very happy here in Philly as my good weather daily driver. Hope all is well. Howard

1972 2002tii

these are really cool!!

very fitting for the entire style they are going for, and that guy has a sweet beard.

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

Nice of you to loan out your car, but I didn't even know there was such a thing as "engagement pictures". Guess you need to take your camera with you on your blind date now to record that for posterity.

Bob Napier (dating myself, as usual)

this is awesome! Awesome pics and awesome car! My fiance and I did a little impromptu photo shoot a few months back http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,353655/highlight,/

and we just shot our professional engagement session last friday and of course the roundie made an appearance there too.

68' 2002, GRANADA RED

88' 325es, RED (previous car)

77' 320i, SIERRA BEIGE (previous car)

www.68roundie.blogspot.com

Regarding the mirror, it was on the car when I bought it, and now, as they say, it's part of the furniture.

Regarding the jokes about the gas smell, it used to have a very strong one. A week before the loaner, I used Mike Self's tip that old braided lines in the trunk can let gas pass through without appearing visibly wet. I changed them and the smell went away. This also solved a persistent hard starting problem that the car had when it hadn't been run for a while (sucking air).

The nice thing (in addition to it making these folks very happy) is that the trip to P-town and back was the furthest this car had been driven in many years. I'd bought it a few years ago, nursed it back from the dead, and use it mainly as a Hagerty-insured knock-around car on weekends. Both the betrothed and the car seemed very happy letting it stretch its legs.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1988 FrankenThirty 325is, 1999 M Coupe, 1999 Z3, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Regarding the jokes about the gas smell, it used to have a very strong one. A week before the loaner, I used Mike Self's tip that old braided lines in the trunk can let gas pass through without appearing visibly wet. I changed them and the smell went away. This also solved a persistent hard starting problem that the car had when it hadn't been run for a while (sucking air).

It's only funny because so many of us can relate.

I need to do the hose swap.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Probably a good thing that it didn't stay too long in P-town; that salt air works on metal like acid. When my family started spending summers on the Cape in the late 70's, that was the beginning of the end of my dad's '70.

hnichols