• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my trip to look at 320i

york

The seller was Gauthier Motors aka Architecture on wheels on the internet

the car was advertised as a NO RUST car with only 67,000 miles

with the rare color ( Korall) sounded like it do until I found the perfect 02

I talked to the owner who told me he was a expert paint and body guy as well as a expert on all aspects of the mechanical parts and assured me he had gone oiver the the car with a insturment to messure paint and that there were only a few places were the car had been touched up.

so I flew from west palm beach to hartford , rented a car, got a hotel and

then drove 50 miles only to learn the seller was a con man

the car had rust and a very bad paint job all around including the places were it wasn't touched up the paint was burned by someone who did not know how to operate a high speed polisher.

The front end was gone and could not be driven over 45 miles a hour, the seats were colapsed and the list goes on.

He acted like he was so suprized he did not see these things before

My cost for a look see + $ 1,000 and 2 days !

I really hate liars and thiefs

Gary York

Don't just drive around in a 02, drive a 02 around North America

Guest Anonymous

Gary, sorry to hear your story. Sadly, I think their are more liars and thief's out there than ever before. Certainly there are plenty of folks out there (sadly) that are pre-disposed for this sort of behavior - I think the really desperate times many are faced with unfortunately brings the worst out. In the future, plenty of folks out there that will do a PPI for you for a nominal fee and save you the time and aggravation (and $$$). Good luck

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Sucks,

However comforting it might be; I too recently ran into a fella name Kevin Strictner (last name spelling and exact last name?) out of Lake Forrest, CA who was selling a 79 323 Baur. Listed pictures that had to be 10 years old or more and showed a complete car. It just needed to be as he said "put back together" as it was used for some parts for another baur resto.

Long story, typical D-bag situation, we spoke over the phone for a week about the car and emailed regarding details. Not once did he mention it's current condition and just replied with the photos.

We arranged for a pick up and I made a deposit. I drove all day from SF to Southern LA only to arrive and find a rusted out cut up, dented wreck without an interior, body panels, and what was there was nothing short of junk. He even played dumb about the 5 speed transmission sitting out of the car. It turned out to be a 4 speed. Probably because he took the 5'r for his other car. Yet he went on to say he was told it was a 5 speed and how did I know it wasn't.

Crap like that goes on and some people think its okay to waste other people’s time and money. This dude was a real piece of work. To his own pity defense, his tells me his wife left him and took the kids, no F'n wonder.

Best to have a friend look in advance for next time.

But what do I know

I have a 320i for sale which might be of interest to you. It's not perfect, it has high miles and the paint is not good. I'll give you an honest report of everything with pictures to back it up. Feel free to have somebody else drop by and validate everything.

I'm sorry your last experience sucked so badly! If you are interested drop me a note.

Regards,

Jon

jp02ti (@) hotmail.com

I am sorry about your experience. So much time wasted. Some much energy and expense lost.

I am sure that there are enough people on this board to cover most of the country. If any one needs a car inspected (it doesn't have to be a 2002) post a request. I am sure many people here are willing to inspect a local car for someone far away.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

If I were to buy an e21.

John

York, what kind of 320i are you interested in? I have a '78 320i for sale. The USA 320i is a sorted & outstanding example. I will be driving it to NC at the end of the month for the Vintage event should you want to see it. I have an ad in the Roundel. - Larry in Indiana

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades